Mobile One 5/50 motor oil

Old March 6th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

Default Mobile One 5/50 motor oil

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil. I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am
contemplating this one.

Empty3
2000 White Coupe
1990 White Coupe
Old March 6th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
L DaVinci

RTFM. You souldn't put in anything thicker than 10W30.

Old March 6th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"L DaVinci" > wrote in message
> RTFM. You souldn't put in anything thicker than 10W30.
>
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:00:44 -0600, "Empty3"
> >
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor
>>oil. I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am
>>contemplating this one.
>>
>>Empty3
>>2000 White Coupe
>>1990 White Coupe

I use a 10w30 most of the time and have used 15w50 with no
oil related problem.
mobil one has a 5w30 that also shouldn't be a problem.

my2¢
--
"Key"
=====

Old March 7th 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Empty3 wrote:
> Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil. I am due
> for an oil change on my 2000 and am
> contemplating this one.
>
> Empty3
> 2000 White Coupe
> 1990 White Coupe

My LS-1 is sort of similar to your LS-1. Book seys:

"...Do not use other viscosity oils such as SAE 20W-50."
....Page 6-15.

Now, if all the bearing surfaces in the engine have been
changed then, do it.

--
PJ
'89 auto coupe, '02 6-spd coupe
Old March 13th 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil (5/50
w.). I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am
contemplating this one.'

REPLY: I used 20 w. 50 AMSOIL synthetic in my 1970 Vette for awhile,
but it doesnt really benefit any for a street driven car. Plus, it
worsens your fuel mileage . It was considerably thicker than 10 w 30 --
that i remember.

Old March 14th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

dave wrote:
> 'Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil (5/50
> w.). I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am
> contemplating this one.'
>
> REPLY: I used 20 w. 50 AMSOIL synthetic in my 1970 Vette for awhile,
> but it doesnt really benefit any for a street driven car. Plus, it
> worsens your fuel mileage . It was considerably thicker than 10 w 30 --
> that i remember.

And you may not be getting adequate lubrication or cooling
if the design clearances didn't take 50W into consideration.

--
PJ
Old March 14th 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

"PJ" > wrote in message ...
> dave wrote:
>> 'Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil (5/50
>> w.). I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am contemplating this
>> one.'
>>
>> REPLY: I used 20 w. 50 AMSOIL synthetic in my 1970 Vette for awhile,
>> but it doesnt really benefit any for a street driven car. Plus, it
>> worsens your fuel mileage . It was considerably thicker than 10 w 30 --
>> that i remember.

> And you may not be getting adequate lubrication or cooling if the design
> clearances didn't take 50W into consideration.
>
> --
> PJ

Thanks all. I'm sticking with 10-30

Empty3

Old March 14th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Empty3" > wrote in message

> "PJ" > wrote in message
>> dave wrote:
>>> 'Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this
>>> motor oil (5/50
>>> w.). I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am
>>> contemplating this one.'
>>>
>>> REPLY: I used 20 w. 50 AMSOIL synthetic in my 1970
>>> Vette for awhile,
>>> but it doesnt really benefit any for a street driven
>>> car. Plus, it
>>> worsens your fuel mileage . It was considerably thicker
>>> than 10 w 30 --
>>> that i remember.

>> And you may not be getting adequate lubrication or
>> cooling if the design clearances didn't take 50W into
>> consideration.
>>
>> --
>> PJ

> Thanks all. I'm sticking with 10-30
>
> Empty3

good idea...
--
"Key"
=====

Mobile 1 ATF for Accord swllz Honda 3 November 18th 06 02:19 PM
OT - Mobile Phones Dave Milne Jeep 2 December 25th 05 07:15 PM
Still Need Help-Mobile Rally tlgtr Simulators 0 December 13th 05 04:03 PM
Runt mobile Rich Ford Mustang 18 September 13th 05 12:03 AM
mobile compatability Harry BMW 0 April 22nd 05 12:43 PM