Explorer turn signal blinking fast, but bulb has been replaced

Old June 21st 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Explorer turn signal blinking fast, but bulb has been replaced

Hi -

I have a 2002 Explorer which has been doing a fast signal blink on the
left for about a week. Come to find out, the rear bulb was out. Put
a new bulb in, and the bulb won't light, and the blinker is still
blinking fast.

Any ideas? My husband says he checked the fuse, and that was fine...

Old June 21st 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I would verify the new bulb is good and make sure it is the right type.
Otherwise check the contacts and wiring...

--
Allan Williams

oups.com...

Old June 21st 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

The front turn signal is working, but it's flashing fast.
Brake lights ok.

thanks!
c> Assuming it does have a mechanical flasher, your symptoms would

Old June 22nd 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

C. E. White wrote:
> Newer vehicle have a different sort of arrangement for flashing the turn
> signals. For recent Fords, fast blinking indicates that a bulb is out.
> However, the system is not perfect. The wrong bulb can cause the same
> symptom. So can corroded bulb sockets, broken wires, or a bad ground.
>
> I would suggest that you check the bulb socket to make sure the connectors
> are clean. Then I'd use a voltmeter to verify that there is voltage at the
> socket when the turn signals are activated.
>
> Ed

I looked it up and that seems to be exactly right.
If you had a burned out bulb and replaced it with the wrong bulb, that
could cause your symptoms. So make sure the number on the bulb matches
the old one or the number in your manual, and check the socket out to
be sure it's clean.

Anything that makes the circuit draw too much or too little current
causes the fast blinking, which is just a way to alert you to the
problem.
-Paul

turn signal relay RhinoJockey VW air cooled 2 April 24th 06 06:30 PM
Faulty turn signal Peter Bozz BMW 0 November 7th 05 09:06 AM
Neon - rapidly blinking turn signal - diagnosis? Neon96 Dodge 2 August 21st 05 02:10 AM
96 Explorer Turn signal Problem HELP! john Ford Explorer 2 January 10th 05 01:08 AM
96 explorer Signal prob HELP!! john Ford Explorer 0 December 4th 04 02:36 PM