Sat Nav in 2001 A6 Avant

Old August 9th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris[_2_]

Default Sat Nav in 2001 A6 Avant

I have just purchased the above car and it does not have Sat Nav or
Bluetooth.

I would like to purchase an aftermarket product that has these
features or a used Audi one.

Can anyone recommend a course of action.

Chris in UK
Old August 15th 06, 09:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message >
Chris > wrote:

> I have just purchased the above car and it does not have Sat Nav or
> Bluetooth.
>
> I would like to purchase an aftermarket product that has these
> features or a used Audi one.
>
> Can anyone recommend a course of action.

It is quite possible to retrofit the later, DVD-based, Nav+ system
(RNS-E) to your car. There is also an optional Bluetooth module which
can be connected and fully integrated with the Nav. The amount of work
involved depends on exactly what HU was originally fitted to your car.

If it currently has a single DIN high HU it will be necessary to remove
the centre console and change some of the components to adapt it to a
double DIN height aperture - this will involve replacing, or modifying,
the air con control fascia.

Also, depending on what level of CAN bus implementation is on your car,
you may need to use a CAN bus simulator to provide some of the signal
required by the RNS-E.

Everything you need can be sourced from ebay.

There may be after-market options which provide what you're looking for,
and which would be easier to instal. However, I believe that it is
worthwhile maintaining the factory-fit appearance of the car.

--
Peter Bell -

Footwell lights on 2001 A6 avant sjfedex Audi 2 September 9th 06 03:12 PM
Rear bumper A6 Avant (2001) sjfedex Audi 2 July 10th 06 07:10 PM
2001 A6 Avant inner door panel sjfedex Audi 1 May 23rd 06 11:15 PM
A6 2001 Avant 1.9TDi sjfedex Audi 0 May 19th 06 07:55 PM
Audi A4 Avant 2001 - Workshop Manual? Jim Pills Audi 3 May 12th 06 10:45 AM