Golf TD fuel cut off solenoid mystery

Old April 23rd 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Golf TD fuel cut off solenoid mystery

Hi
basically my golf is playing up...its a 96 1.9 TD. yesterday, went out
to change a rear shock for the MOT test, and it wouldnt start. i found
one of the glowplug connections was loose, so fixed that and it started
ok...now the damn thing wont stop running!! something a bit freaky
about switching off the ignition and taking the keys out, with the
motor still going. after about five minutes it dies by itself.

ive been out to get a new fuel cut off solenoid (wotever that is) and
as usual it doesnt match anything on my engine. where it should go
looks different on my car, there is a similar thing set behind and
attached to the throttle, but i cant find any reference to it on my
etka disk, or the haynes book. it has a smaller thread, and a black
plastic body, with a single wire connection at one end and what looks
like some sort of push-rod sticking out the other...this all kind of
interfaces with a cable
id be grateful for any suggestions...anyone have any ideas?? i might
end up walking to work tommorow

Old April 25th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

The fuel cut off solenoid should be located in the top of the pump
body, just above where all the fuel lines bolt up to . All the
injection pumps in Canada have it located here but I don't know about
where you are.

Old April 27th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Yes its on the injection pump.
oups.com...