New Jeep owner

Old February 2nd 05, 03:40 AM
Firebird

Default New Jeep owner

Hi All,

I just bought my daughters 2001 Cherokee Laredo. So far I love it. Its much
different than my Honda Accord!!! I would love to hear do's and don't. I
always change the oil and take good care of my cars...
But are there any issues with Jeeps....Like Honda's you change the timing
belt and water pump at 6 yrs /90 k miles....Are there any timing belts with
the Jeeps.
I'd love to hear from you. Thanx

Old February 2nd 05, 12:18 PM
Jo Bo

Make sure you know what transfer case you have, "Full time or Part time" and
use it accordingly. You can tell by what it says on the dash in FWD. If it
says "part time" it's the command track and is only used on bad roads or
trails. It's the more common one and is not a problem area. Another thing,
learn what transmission you have and then don't let some dufas put in the
wrong fluid! If yours is a 6 cylinder automatic then it has a Asin AW4
transmission and uses Dexron. If it's a four cylinder automatic it's a
Chrysler transmission and uses the Chrysler ATF+. Veryify this for yourself.

JoBo

.. .

Old February 2nd 05, 03:45 PM
Steve

Good info he http://www.wjjeeps.com

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old February 2nd 05, 03:48 PM
Steve

By indicating 'Laredo', we must assume the poster has a Grand Cherokee
WJ. In 2001, the only trimlines on the Cherokee XJ were Limited and Sport.

Engine/transmission is either 4.0LI6/45-RFE or 4.7LV8/545-RFE. Transfer
case is full time: either NV-242 Selec-Trac or NV-247 Quadra-Trac II.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old February 2nd 05, 07:26 PM
Dan J.S.

"Firebird" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi All,
>
> I just bought my daughters 2001 Cherokee Laredo. So far I love it. Its
> much different than my Honda Accord!!! I would love to hear do's and
> don't. I always change the oil and take good care of my cars...
> But are there any issues with Jeeps....Like Honda's you change the timing
> belt and water pump at 6 yrs /90 k miles....Are there any timing belts
> with the Jeeps.
> I'd love to hear from you. Thanx

Get used to more maintenance. It's not as reliable as your accord, but it is
a nice truck. I actually love the way it looks, and you can do a lot with
it! Lots of after market stuff.

Old February 8th 05, 07:43 PM
cdaigle430

cdaigle430 Dec 10 2004, 10:26 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.jeep-l
From: "cdaigle430" > - Find messages by this
author
Date: 10 Dec 2004 10:26:28 -0800
Subject: 2000 Jeep Gr Ch LTD Lights Flicker
| Remove | Report Abuse

******(DANGER-WARNING)*******Take it from me, please, get rid of this
piece of junk before it takes all of you hard earned money. Even if
you have to take a loss, get rid of it and never look back to another
grand cherokee limited-even the newest model(unless you have lots of
money, its under warranty, you like driving dangerously, you have a
second vehicle to use and alot of free time. And for god sakes don't
let a loved one get behind the wheel of this crap on wheels.

Old February 8th 05, 08:01 PM
Mike Romain

Then there is always the problem with the loose nut behind the wheel....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 8th 05, 08:24 PM
Dave Milne

the loose nuts seem to think they are hard nuts round where I live..

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old February 8th 05, 08:38 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

And trolls:
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...tm/troller.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 9th 05, 03:54 AM
Lon

I think he's behind the keyboard at the moment, Mike.

Mike Romain proclaimed:

What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 08:45 PM