Any thoughts on the 2007 Dodge Caliber ?

Old March 16th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Any thoughts on the 2007 Dodge Caliber ?

Was looking at PT Cruisers in local dealership and also checked out the
Caliber. Any thoughts on this 2007 model, good or bad ?
Seems relatively inexpensive for a car with ABS, CVT transmission, and other
toys on board.

Steve

Old March 17th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Look at http://www.caliberforums.com/

It's a lot of car for the money if it has enough power for you.

Old March 18th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

In article >,
"Steve Stone" > wrote:

> Was looking at PT Cruisers in local dealership and also checked out the
> Caliber. Any thoughts on this 2007 model, good or bad ?
> Seems relatively inexpensive for a car with ABS, CVT transmission, and other
> toys on board.
>
> Steve

I looked at what they called the mid model a few days ago and was very
impressed. The designer thinks like me. The pricing is good.
Many years since I've seen a full sized spare in a new car, in fact many
cars can't handle a full sized spare anymore. I expect wanting to sell
in in many countries causes this; I know of one country that requires
all new cars to have a matching spare. Sensible country!

I'm looking for a small wagon type car in as few years, the Caliper does
that. This is for my golfing activity.
Being a senior I like the slightly higher seat and the head room both
back and front is very good. They are targeting this car for the young,
I'll bet like the Honda Element the buyer profile will surprise them.

The next day I looked at it's cousin, the Mercedes B class which is
about 60% $ more. It is very nicely fitted out, but I prefer the
Caliber shape and space. This B Mercedes will be a ladies car, while
the Caliper will be a man's car. <

I'd ned more than the mid Caliber, because I need power locks and
mirrors. Also air conditioning which I'm not sure it had. The radio was
also a bit basic.
Lots of new to Chrysler technology on this car, such as the CV
transmission and VV timing. Hopefully the new model bugs are not too
significant.