545i

Old October 22nd 04, 11:44 PM
Ramone Cila

Default 545i

AutoWeek does a test/report on the 545 in this weeks issue and says it
remains the "king of mid-sized performance sedans". It is a "Peerless
Performer" according to them. It is "Still The Champ". And the article goes
on to accurately describe the driving experience in the car.

And they still don't like the looks so much. Though they did seem to agree
the i-drive falls into line after becoming accustomed to it.

All in all exactly what a BMW should be: unequaled in performance yet
quirky and eccentric in all other areas.

Really, this is the best and most accurate review of the car I have seen to
date from ANY American publication. Unlike other US rags these guys really
do "get" the car and what it is about. You can do that and still dislike the
looks.

Old October 23rd 04, 06:22 AM
tech27

"Ramone Cila" > wrote in message
> AutoWeek does a test/report on the 545 in this weeks issue and says it
> remains the "king of mid-sized performance sedans". It is a "Peerless
> Performer" according to them. It is "Still The Champ". And the article
> goes
> on to accurately describe the driving experience in the car.
>
> And they still don't like the looks so much. Though they did seem to agree
> the i-drive falls into line after becoming accustomed to it.
>
> All in all exactly what a BMW should be: unequaled in performance yet
> quirky and eccentric in all other areas.
>
> Really, this is the best and most accurate review of the car I have seen
> date from ANY American publication. Unlike other US rags these guys really
> do "get" the car and what it is about. You can do that and still dislike
> the
> looks.

It's a fair review. A good review. As far as what "they' think about the
looks, I'd have to say that that point is debatable. The beauty or lack
thereof is purely a matter of individual preference.

Old October 27th 04, 04:34 AM
bobukcat

Yeah, the looks of the car are very debatable (I'm still not too crazy about
it) but what it will do, especially with the sport package, is incredibly
beautiful - no ifs, ands, or buts about it!!