anyone used goldline brakes?

Old January 18th 05, 11:40 AM
Nate Nagel

Default anyone used goldline brakes?

http://www.goldlinebrakes.com/

anyone purchased their rebuilt calipers? Found them through a web search
and was quoted what I thought was an exceptionally reasonable price (a
pair of rebuilt, coated calipers is less than half what Pelican gets for
one new one) but would like to hear from anyone with personal experience
with them. I talked to the guy for a few minutes on the phone today and
he quoted me a price for a pair of rebuilt calipers with their "polymer
coating" and all new hardware which I'm tempted to go for, and he
apparently has cores in stock. If you have bought from them, how does
the coating hold up? The pics on the web site sure look pretty. I'm not
really interested in upgrading the brakes on my 944, it's just a daily
driver, but I would like to fix the slight seeping I noticed from the LF
caliper while trying to "de-squeak" my brakes (wouldn't have noticed it
if I hadn't removed the pads, it's not a big issue yet but I'm sure left
un-dealt with it will be) and the concept of a coating that keeps the
calipers from rusting (externally at least) is appealing to my
anal-retentive side

thanks,

nate
--