2000 Cr-v many need new battery

Old July 19th 05, 07:53 PM

Default 2000 Cr-v many need new battery

I took it to Honda for the routine oil change. It was about 92 degrees
and the air was running right before I got in there.

He tested my battery and said it was around 320 and should be around
420. Original Battery.

I'm ok with changing it. Honda has a 100-month warrenty battery for
$85 installed.

Are there any other options worth looking into for batteries? I heard
interstate isn't very good and Sears diehard has gone down hill.

thanks

Kubie

Old July 20th 05, 12:05 AM
Elle

Was this the original battery? If so, I'd say you got your money's worth out
of it, especially if you live in a warm climate. Plus, it's better to
replace before it dies completely, since a dying battery can wear on the
car's alternator.

People here in the past (like the past ten years!) have generally strongly
recommended Interstate for Hondas. (The OEM battery might even be an
interstate one.) There are others people like, but I think this one comes up
the most.

At Firestone last Fall I paid $85 (this included tax) for an Interstate
battery for my 1991 Civic. This is my Civic's fourth battery. I don't think
the warranty was for 100 months, but it may be for at least 72 months. (I
think it's printed on the battery and I'm too lazy to go out and check.)
Sounds like a good deal your dealer has.

The OEM battery and a Sears Die Hard I had in the car lasted 4.5 years each
before dying. The third battery I installed (another Diehard) was going on
4.5 years when after some checks I decided to replace it pre-emptively.

Old July 20th 05, 12:23 AM
S.S.

Elle wrote:

> The OEM battery and a Sears Die Hard I had in the car lasted 4.5 years each
> before dying. The third battery I installed (another Diehard) was going on
> 4.5 years when after some checks I decided to replace it pre-emptively.

The last battery I had in my '93 Accord was a Sears DieHard that lasted only
4 years, although I had expected to get 5 years out of it. The original
Panasonic battery lasted almost 8 years.

It currently has a Honda-branded battery which, according to my mechanic,
should last about 5 years up here in central Canada. Anybody know who
actually makes these batteries, if it is not Honda?

2000 battery Passat question James Murphy VW water cooled 4 January 3rd 05 11:32 PM
2000 BMW Z3: Discharged Battery, Hydro Meter Black, Jumped Car, yet still black? MathMan BMW 3 November 22nd 04 07:40 AM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 11:54 PM
Replacing Corroded Battery Cables for SL1 2000 Chris Gutierrez Saturn 2 June 28th 04 03:40 AM