GTR Night driving. Headlights?!?!?!

Old June 28th 05, 11:42 PM
It's not you!

Default GTR Night driving. Headlights?!?!?!

Ayone have problems with the headlights in GTR?
I hit H and th elight come on and off but it's like they don't actually
project a beam.
The dash lights up and an external look shows they are on but the only thing
I can see are tailights.
No road, no car, no signs it's like driving without lights.

I have tried several settings on the "darkenss" slider and get the same
results each time.

Anyone?!?

Please help me.

Old June 29th 05, 12:42 AM
RWKeating

It's not you! wrote:
> Ayone have problems with the headlights in GTR?
> I hit H and th elight come on and off but it's like they don't actually
> project a beam.
> The dash lights up and an external look shows they are on but the only thing
> I can see are tailights.
> No road, no car, no signs it's like driving without lights.
>
> I have tried several settings on the "darkenss" slider and get the same
> results each time.
>
> Anyone?!?
>
> Please help me.

I remember reading about a patch someone made to make the headlights
brighter, but now I can't find it. It's out there, so maybe you can
Google for it.

Russell
Old June 29th 05, 01:45 AM
Mitch_A

May as well just grab GTRmanager. It has a brighter headlight fix. BHMS
had it at one point but a google should turn it up quick.

Id like to see some reflections on the signs for my braking points but it
aint to be

Mitch

. ..

Old June 29th 05, 02:52 AM
Alan Le

> Ayone have problems with the headlights in GTR?
> I hit H and th elight come on and off but it's like they don't actually
> project a beam.
> The dash lights up and an external look shows they are on but the only

thing
> I can see are tailights.
> No road, no car, no signs it's like driving without lights.

Which view are you using? All external views have very basic lighting.
It's basically just the area right in front of the car. The cockpit view is
much different though. The road ahead and to the sides should be lit up for
a good distance. The headlights should make a noticable difference there.

Alan

Old June 29th 05, 06:46 AM

I noticed when turning on "Alternate Pixel Center" in my ATI driver
settings the headlights would go away from the incar view. This was a
tweak that was supposed to reduce stuttering, though I never had a real
problem. I think this was running 5.2 cats - I have 5.6 now and
haven't tried it again.

Kendt

Old June 29th 05, 01:04 PM
Darryl Johnson

It's not you! wrote in
:

> Ayone have problems with the headlights in GTR?
> I hit H and th elight come on and off but it's like they don't
> actually project a beam.
> The dash lights up and an external look shows they are on but the
> only thing I can see are tailights.
> No road, no car, no signs it's like driving without lights.
>
> I have tried several settings on the "darkenss" slider and get the
> same results each time.
>
> Anyone?!?
>
> Please help me.

From memory (and so unreliable): you need to turn on some of the
graphics options that you might not normally use (in the interests
of better frame rates). Shadows in the Cockpit was one, I think.
Without the correct graphics options set, you will see the dash
lights but NOT the headlights.

I'd turn ALL the graphics options on to see if you now have
headlights, and then I'd turn them off one at a time to see how many
you can remove before loosing the lights.

The bit about driving in total darkness also rings a bell. But I
can't recall what I did to correct it. (Short term, I think I
cranked the Gamma bias all the way to the right side for a race I
had entered at night.)

Sorry I can't be more specific.
--
Darryl
Old June 29th 05, 02:40 PM

It's not you! wrote:
> Ayone have problems with the headlights in GTR?
> I hit H and th elight come on and off but it's like they don't actually
> project a beam.
> The dash lights up and an external look shows they are on but the only thing
> I can see are tailights.
> No road, no car, no signs it's like driving without lights.
>
> I have tried several settings on the "darkenss" slider and get the same
> results each time.
>
> Anyone?!?
>
> Please help me.

I had the same problem after the 1.4 patch. The headlights (which were
already too dim before the patch IMHO) went away after the patch. The
fix was to install the RealisticHeadlightsV3 patch, which brought back
the headlights in cockpit view, and made them brighter than the
default. Now all is well. Unfortunately, I don't have a link to that
patch, but it should be available at all the well known GTR download
sites.

Old July 1st 05, 12:45 AM
Mitch_A

GTR Manager does it for you among many other nice features..
..
. ..

http://frank.f4.free.fr/GTR-Simbin/A...adlightsV3.zip

> I am not tracking on the above "patch" do I just copy that stuff into my
> gamedata directory or what?
>
> Thanks

Ford Researcher Says Teen Drivers are Easily Distracted From Driving James C. Reeves Driving 9 May 11th 05 08:31 PM
Speeding sucks Magnulus Driving 191 April 26th 05 05:21 AM
How Much Driving Experience? Dave Head Driving 38 April 22nd 05 10:47 PM
'04 Neon Headlights NewsGroupie Dodge 2 November 23rd 04 09:21 AM
Driving the Spider Dr Entropy Alfa Romeo 0 July 19th 04 07:26 AM