Second Gen Neon rear Swaybar replacement

Old May 22nd 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mike[_1_]

Default Second Gen Neon rear Swaybar replacement

So thanks to our great roads, I managed to brake the rear sway bar on
my 2001 Neon. The bar broke right at the eyelet where it mounts the
the passenger linkage.

Does anyone know if there has any changes made to the sway bar
arrangement on the Neons from 2000 through to the end of the SX 2.0
line?
Could I be lucky enough to be able to use one off a first Gen Neon?

Up until this point, I have been unable to locate a bar at the local
scrap yards or and the any of the local parts stores. I would assume
that it could be a dealer part, but would probably be worth more then
the car I am fixing.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com
Old May 22nd 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

mike wrote:
> So thanks to our great roads, I managed to brake the rear sway bar on
> my 2001 Neon. The bar broke right at the eyelet where it mounts the
> the passenger linkage.
>
> Does anyone know if there has any changes made to the sway bar
> arrangement on the Neons from 2000 through to the end of the SX 2.0
> line?
> Could I be lucky enough to be able to use one off a first Gen Neon?
>
> Up until this point, I have been unable to locate a bar at the local
> scrap yards or and the any of the local parts stores. I would assume
> that it could be a dealer part, but would probably be worth more then
> the car I am fixing.
>
> Mike
> mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

If you're saying the sway bar itself broke, you might be surprised how
little they cost.

Go to www.mopardiscountparts.com and drill down for the part - I just
did, and it lists for $80.20, their price is $56.14. But what thou do
doest quickly - they're on the closing dealer list. They're in OH, but
can ship anywhere - I get stuff from them all the time - shipped to VA.
You'll be good to go for under $75 total out of pocket.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old May 22nd 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Bill Putney wrote:
> mike wrote:
>> So thanks to our great roads, I managed to brake the rear sway bar on
>> my 2001 Neon. The bar broke right at the eyelet where it mounts the
>> the passenger linkage.
>>
>> Does anyone know if there has any changes made to the sway bar
>> arrangement on the Neons from 2000 through to the end of the SX 2.0
>> line?
>> Could I be lucky enough to be able to use one off a first Gen Neon?
>>
>> Up until this point, I have been unable to locate a bar at the local
>> scrap yards or and the any of the local parts stores. I would assume
>> that it could be a dealer part, but would probably be worth more then
>> the car I am fixing.
>>
>> Mike
>> mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

> If you're saying the sway bar itself broke, you might be surprised how
> little they cost.
>
> Go to www.mopardiscountparts.com and drill down for the part - I just
> did, and it lists for $80.20, their price is $56.14. But what thou do
> doest quickly - they're on the closing dealer list. They're in OH, but
> can ship anywhere - I get stuff from them all the time - shipped to VA.
> You'll be good to go for under $75 total out of pocket.

Correction on mopardiscountparts.com: I sent them a message telling them
how sorry I was that they are on the list of dealers to be closed.

Got this email from them:
"OUR STORE IS STAYING OPEN, IT WAS OUR BYERS DODGE STORE CLOSING. THEY
ARE A STAND ALONE DEALER. WE ARE CHRYSLER DODGE AND JEEP NOW. SO WE ARE
STILL SELLING PARTS."

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old May 23rd 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
QX

On Fri, 22 May 2009 06:22:23 -0700 (PDT), mike >
wrote:

>So thanks to our great roads, I managed to brake the rear sway bar on
>my 2001 Neon. The bar broke right at the eyelet where it mounts the
>the passenger linkage.
>
>Does anyone know if there has any changes made to the sway bar
>arrangement on the Neons from 2000 through to the end of the SX 2.0
>line?
>Could I be lucky enough to be able to use one off a first Gen Neon?
>
>Up until this point, I have been unable to locate a bar at the local
>scrap yards or and the any of the local parts stores. I would assume
>that it could be a dealer part, but would probably be worth more then
>the car I am fixing.
>
>Mike
>mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

When I had my 97 Neon, I remember that there was an online store that
sold competition parts, oversized sway bars, and suspension upgrade
kits. I think they were linked from one of the web-based Neon forums.