Converted GTR racks in rFactor

Old November 12th 05, 11:32 PM
Bob

Default Converted GTR racks in rFactor

"Simbin is the real problem as I see it. ISI also is not the most
consumer-friendly company. "

Alan -

This has already been said, but maybe with too many words.

Simbin and ISI sign contracts with various organizations in order to
use the tracks. The contracts undoubtably specify the exact manner in
which the tracks can be used. If Simbin and ISI in any way encouraged
or even tolerated their use elsewhere, they'd have legal problems.
They could be the consumer-friendliest people in the world, but they
_can't_ support this. Not even if you already bought the tracks from
them.

Old November 13th 05, 03:02 AM
Dave Henrie

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in

..au:

> ..........but not on GTR tracks he's already payed
> for....................

For those tracks, I use GTR. Which has weather and Rubber buildup.
These are not available in rF. WHY would I gut a track just to run it's
facimile in another sim?

dh
Old November 13th 05, 07:45 AM
Byron Forbes

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in
>
> .au:
>
>> ..........but not on GTR tracks he's already payed
>> for....................

> For those tracks, I use GTR. Which has weather and Rubber buildup.
> These are not available in rF. WHY would I gut a track just to run it's
> facimile in another sim?
>
> dh

good point, but still not online (with any confidence)

Old November 13th 05, 07:47 AM
Byron Forbes

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...

> Again, I must throw an Americanism at the group.
> "Buyer Beware." We in the States had months of reviews by peers that
> clearly indicated GTR was not the multiplayer heaven they claimed it to
> be.
> (Heck right now our TPTCC online league is STRUGGLING with rFactor and
> online issues.) We, armed with that knowledge then make the choice of
> whether or not to purchase such product. I'd like to thank my Euro
> brethern for alerting the rest of us. If others were amoung the first to
> throw money at Simbin, I can only say you have to determine what attracts
> you to a title and if that title meets your needs. If not, then do not
> purchase. I don't purchase a car based on the promise they will figure
> out
> how to attach wheels at some future date.
>
> GTR is not online nirvana, but it is certainly one of the premier offline
> sims in the racing world. The features they have brought to the table are
> above and beyond the original code the title was based upon. Can you name
> more than one or two other titles that Simulate their target racing series
> as well as GTR does?
> (and just as a teaser, I have chatted with aquaintences inside Simbin
> who probably would verify that the company itself was split by failure of
> the multiplayer to live up to the marketing claims.)
> dave<who asks everyone not to steal>henrie

The idea of offline racing is 100 times more painful than the idea of
going back to GPL!

Old November 13th 05, 07:33 PM
John Smith

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in
>
> .au:
>

>> GTR is garbageware to anyone interested in online racing - an ideal
>> world would have such garbage products withdrawn from circulation
>> immediately and disband a company even thinking about releasing such
>> rubbish.

> Again, I must throw an Americanism at the group.
> "Buyer Beware." We in the States had months of reviews by peers that
> clearly indicated GTR was not the multiplayer heaven they claimed it to
> be.
> (Heck right now our TPTCC online league is STRUGGLING with rFactor and
> online issues.) We, armed with that knowledge then make the choice of
> whether or not to purchase such product. I'd like to thank my Euro
> brethern for alerting the rest of us. If others were amoung the first to
> throw money at Simbin, I can only say you have to determine what attracts
> you to a title and if that title meets your needs. If not, then do not
> purchase. I don't purchase a car based on the promise they will figure
> out
> how to attach wheels at some future date.
>
> GTR is not online nirvana, but it is certainly one of the premier offline
> sims in the racing world. The features they have brought to the table are
> above and beyond the original code the title was based upon. Can you name
> more than one or two other titles that Simulate their target racing series
> as well as GTR does?
> (and just as a teaser, I have chatted with aquaintences inside Simbin
> who probably would verify that the company itself was split by failure of
> the multiplayer to live up to the marketing claims.)
> dave<who asks everyone not to steal>henrie

so where can I get the tracks! lol!