Converted GTR racks in rFactor

Old November 11th 05, 02:31 AM
Tiny Lund

Default Converted GTR racks in rFactor

"Why import tracks that you already have in
another sim that has features rF can't support yet?"

I haven't gotten rF yet. What features are not supported in rF Dave? I have
my hands full with GTR, and just got GT Legends.

. 97.136...

Old November 11th 05, 02:54 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in message
> "Why import tracks that you already have in
> another sim that has features rF can't support yet?"

This is true. rFactor is just not going anywhere for me at the moment. GTR
isn't either, actually. I'm enjoying GTL a little too much to be all that
concerned with rFactor. In general, however, ISI has rubbed me the wrong
way. They are too much on the high horse for me. When it comes to support
and a group whose primary aim is to make a good sim and secondarily to make
money, LFS is tops.

ISI and all those involved in GTR, rFactor, and GTL must not know very much
about how to support a product, besides using censorship, and limiting
growth by stifling community involvement.

GTL is my favorite, even though I disagree with the methods of its creators.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 03:31 AM
Dave

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message

> "Tiny Lund" > wrote in message
> > "Why import tracks that you already have in
> > another sim that has features rF can't support yet?"
> >

> This is true. rFactor is just not going anywhere for me at the moment. GTR
> isn't either, actually. I'm enjoying GTL a little too much to be all that
> concerned with rFactor. In general, however, ISI has rubbed me the wrong
> way. They are too much on the high horse for me. When it comes to support
> and a group whose primary aim is to make a good sim and secondarily to make
> money, LFS is tops.
>
> ISI and all those involved in GTR, rFactor, and GTL must not know very much
> about how to support a product, besides using censorship, and limiting
> growth by stifling community involvement.
>
> GTL is my favorite, even though I disagree with the methods of its creators.

I will not be buying any product put out by simbin. F simbin and rsc.
Their attitude sucks, and they can shove it right up their tight asses!

Old November 11th 05, 03:36 AM
Scott B. Husted

Maybe I'm missing something here.. but how exactly is ISI limiting
rFactor with censorship and stifling community involvement?

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old November 11th 05, 03:59 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Scott B. Husted" > wrote in message
> Maybe I'm missing something here.. but how exactly is ISI limiting rFactor
> with censorship and stifling community involvement?

The boards-- folks can't say what they want to say, as if somehow ISI, etc.,
is afraid of open discussion.

The track conversion thing-- why doesn't ISI, etc., just leave it be. In
the end, if they are more open and receptive and not so darn tight, the
community will grow faster.

That's my take.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 04:43 AM
Scott B. Husted

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Scott B. Husted" > wrote in message
>
>>Maybe I'm missing something here.. but how exactly is ISI limiting rFactor
>>with censorship and stifling community involvement?
>>

> The boards-- folks can't say what they want to say, as if somehow ISI, etc.,
> is afraid of open discussion.
>
> The track conversion thing-- why doesn't ISI, etc., just leave it be. In
> the end, if they are more open and receptive and not so darn tight, the
> community will grow faster.
>
> That's my take.
>
> Alanb

rFactor is the most open release ever made. I don't see how ISI is
doing anything but encouraging community involvement.

You do realize ISI and Simbin are not the same organization don't you?

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old November 11th 05, 05:12 AM
Dave Henrie

"Dave" > wrote in
:

> I will not be buying any product put out by simbin. F simbin and rsc.
> Their attitude sucks, and they can shove it right up their tight asses!

I understand Richards Burns is a good title...happy simming.

dave henrie
Old November 11th 05, 06:15 AM
Bruce Kennewell

That is a specious argument at best and does nothing to counter the fact
that what ISI have done/are doing is completely legal and what you have
done/are doing is completely illegal.

You can try and justify your pathetic actions and approach any way you like
but it doesn't alter the fact that you are a thief who is preaching theft.

BK

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message

> I tout no rules. I own GTR, GTL, and rFactor, and if you ask me ISI is

only

Old November 11th 05, 06:35 AM
Steve Whitty

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Scott B. Husted" > wrote in message
>> Maybe I'm missing something here.. but how exactly is ISI limiting
>> rFactor with censorship and stifling community involvement?
>>

> The boards-- folks can't say what they want to say, as if somehow ISI,
> etc., is afraid of open discussion.
>
> The track conversion thing-- why doesn't ISI, etc., just leave it be. In
> the end, if they are more open and receptive and not so darn tight, the
> community will grow faster.
>
> That's my take.
>
> Alanb

ISI can't actively support conversions of commercial tracks and cars without
dropping themselves into lots of deep legal crap.

as for support. drop one of the dev's an email or pm through the forums if
you have a problem. as they work their way through them all, they'll answer
when they can. they're actively in the forums helping out with issues that
people post.

but you can't keep everyone happy. I respect your view that you aren't
happy with them. but thats your opinion and you're entitled to it. its
different to mine, but doesn't make either of us right

cheers

steve

Old November 11th 05, 02:48 PM
Byron Forbes

"JEBEDIAH DUPREE" > wrote in message
.. .

> OH I see, this group touts the rules when it suits them, but wham bam when
> they need something, screw the rules. Thats why sim racing has declined to
> its current state. I am ashamed at you, Alan

Yes, imagine the hide stiffing a wonderful, honest bunch like Simbin -
how can people live with themselves. Everyone knows they have that perfect
multiplay they worked oh so hard on.