Converted GTR racks in rFactor

Old November 10th 05, 11:30 PM
Joao Gonzalez

Default Converted GTR racks in rFactor

Alex in Menu dei Motori has posted a few tracks converted from GTR to
rFactor. This is a banned topic in RSC so you will not see a lot of
publicity around it. Seems Simbin has specifically forbidden its GTR
tracks to be converted to rFactor.

The tracks availabe are Brno, Estoril, Enna, Anderstorp, Oschersleben,
Spa, Donnington and Enna. Brno does a CTD with an error message and I
had an error in Estoril the first time I tried it. The remaining tracks
however, look absolutely fantastic (same quality as in GTR) and have
great frame rates too.

A must have (even if banned...)

Old November 10th 05, 11:39 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Joao Gonzalez" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Alex in Menu dei Motori has posted a few tracks converted from GTR to
> rFactor. This is a banned topic in RSC so you will not see a lot of
> publicity around it. Seems Simbin has specifically forbidden its GTR
> tracks to be converted to rFactor.
>
> The tracks availabe are Brno, Estoril, Enna, Anderstorp, Oschersleben,
> Spa, Donnington and Enna. Brno does a CTD with an error message and I
> had an error in Estoril the first time I tried it. The remaining tracks
> however, look absolutely fantastic (same quality as in GTR) and have
> great frame rates too.
>
> A must have (even if banned...)

Unless I missed something, did you provide a link? That's a lot of talk and
build up of how good the tracks are without giving all of us a link to where
we can get them.

Alanb

Old November 10th 05, 11:50 PM
Joao Gonzalez

I actually typed "Alex at Menu dei Motori", thought this was a known
site by now.

www.menudeimotori.com

Old November 10th 05, 11:52 PM

http://www.menudeimotori.com/downloads/index.php

As I paid for both (and am about to buy GTL), I'm not feeling too
guilty.
I respect RSC's right to ban posting on the topic, but Simbin had to
know this would happen eventually. The original GTR mods were taken
from the FIA's IP, after all.
Simbin has every right to go after Alex's site, of course

What would be better in the long run would be for someone to do what
Dave Noonan did - create a track converter that required you to have
the original tracks. Hell - they could could even check for an
original CD (I've got an ATI MPEG decoder installer that does just this
- requires an original ATI driver CD).

Kendt

Old November 10th 05, 11:55 PM

> Go after Alex's site...

And guess what - that's exactly what they did (I suppose) - links are
dead now.

Kendt - who didn't click quick enough

Old November 11th 05, 12:15 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Joao Gonzalez" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I actually typed "Alex at Menu dei Motori", thought this was a known
> site by now.
>
> www.menudeimotori.com

Thanks.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 12:19 AM
Alan Bernardo

" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Go after Alex's site...

> And guess what - that's exactly what they did (I suppose) - links are
> dead now.
>
> Kendt - who didn't click quick enough

Yes, dead. I got I think four of the converted tracks: Spa, Oschersleben,
Anderstorp, and Estoril. Anyone out there feel the need to post on maybe
one of the binaries?

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 12:30 AM
JEBEDIAH DUPREE

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> " > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>>Go after Alex's site...

>>And guess what - that's exactly what they did (I suppose) - links are
>>dead now.
>>
>>Kendt - who didn't click quick enough
>>

> Yes, dead. I got I think four of the converted tracks: Spa, Oschersleben,
> Anderstorp, and Estoril. Anyone out there feel the need to post on maybe
> one of the binaries?
>
> Alanb

OH I see, this group touts the rules when it suits them, but wham bam
when they need something, screw the rules. Thats why sim racing has
declined to its current state. I am ashamed at you, Alan
Old November 11th 05, 12:39 AM
Alan Bernardo

"JEBEDIAH DUPREE" > wrote in message
.. .
> Alan Bernardo wrote:
>> " > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>>And guess what - that's exactly what they did (I suppose) - links are
>>>dead now.
>>>
>>>Kendt - who didn't click quick enough
>>>

>> Yes, dead. I got I think four of the converted tracks: Spa,
>> Oschersleben, Anderstorp, and Estoril. Anyone out there feel the need to
>> post on maybe one of the binaries?
>>
>> Alanb

> OH I see, this group touts the rules when it suits them, but wham bam when
> they need something, screw the rules. Thats why sim racing has declined to
> its current state. I am ashamed at you, Alan

I tout no rules. I own GTR, GTL, and rFactor, and if you ask me ISI is only
concerned about CASH. If they'd think a bit and would be kind to their
BUYING CUSTOMERS, maybe they'd get some respect otherwise. I mean, please,
if ISI and whomever had an inkling (which I'm sure they did) that these
tracks could be converted, they should've met this thing head on instead of
waiting for the inevitable.

The current state of sim racing has declined, IMO, because sim makers are
not loyal to their customers. It's the cash first, while all else plays a
subordinate role. If these folks would stop and think, treating customers
the right way first would in the end bring in more money than they ever
envisioned in the first place.

Give me the tracks.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 02:17 AM
Dave Henrie

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in
:

> The current state of sim racing has declined, IMO, because sim makers
> are not loyal to their customers. It's the cash first, while all else
> plays a subordinate role. If these folks would stop and think,
> treating customers the right way first would in the end bring in more
> money than they ever envisioned in the first place.
>
> Give me the tracks.
>
> Alanb

Have fun with them Alan. I'll be elsewhere...2003 Spa does me no good.
I am looking for the 2004 version and not something ripped from the
RH2004/5 mods.

The Champcar mod for F1c has enough new tracks to amuse me for awhile.
I don't need to suck up the GTR copies when, if I want to race on those
tracks, all I need to do if fire up GTR. Which...still offers a superior
offline enviroment than rF. Why import tracks that you already have in
another sim that has features rF can't support yet?

dave henrie(uses rF for online TPTCC league racing. and suprise..it's
good!)