RSC, why was Legends Central delted?

Old August 28th 05, 03:53 PM
Byron Forbes

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> In 2001, a legends central subsite owner posted some illegal content of
> some sort on his portion of the site. i'm sorry I don't remember
> exactly what it was but I remember it wasn't a grey-area and violated
> the webhost company's terms of service pretty blatantly. The site was
> shut down (and yes, 'deleted' by them). It was down for a period and
> rebuilt on another webhost. So... there ya go

Thanks for the relevent info.

Key word - blatant.

Mind you, I still wonder what the circumstances were. If the site took
it down as soon as made aware of it then what bloody right does an ISP have
to delete the entire site? Maybe the ISP's attitude is that's the price RSC
pay for being so large and thus hard to manage?

Old August 28th 05, 03:56 PM
Byron Forbes

"Scirocco" > wrote in message

> Under general rules and not attached to any specific rule: "If you refuse
> to comply with our requests on this matter, we reserve the right to
> warn/ban a member in the normal process." It just so happens that the
> normal process includes a public warning. If someone such as yourself is
> so concerened about the system, you should've inquired as to what the
> normal process is. Instead, you prefer to whine about some system that
> you've known exists for quite some time. It's not like you hadn't been
> warned with a public warning before....

No one at RSC has explained the reasons for the use of this public
warning caper yet. We're waiting!

Old August 28th 05, 04:48 PM
Scirocco

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> No one at RSC has explained the reasons for the use of this public
> warning caper yet. We're waiting!

Has anyone even bothered to try to find someone who would answer this yet or
would everyone just prefer to bitch about it? If you had a question on the
store policy at Bed Bath & Beyond, wouldn't you ask the store
owners/managers about it instead of the customers at Sears next door??? I
highly doubt everyone at RSC reads RAS. Of those that do, I'm sure that
even fewer respond. If anyone really cared what the answer was instead of
just wanting to bitch about it, it's not very hard to figure out where to
ask the question....

Old August 29th 05, 01:24 AM
Jeff Reid

>> No one at RSC has explained the reasons for the use of this public warning caper yet. We're waiting!
>
> Has anyone even bothered to try to find someone who would answer this yet or would everyone just prefer to bitch about
> it? If you had a question on the store policy at Bed Bath & Beyond, wouldn't you ask the store owners/managers about
> it instead of the customers at Sears next door??? I highly doubt everyone at RSC reads RAS. Of those that do, I'm
> sure that even fewer respond. If anyone really cared what the answer was instead of just wanting to bitch about it,
> it's not very hard to figure out where to ask the question....

Well you're responding to this thread, and you're a RSC moderator, why can't
you find out and respond here?

Old August 29th 05, 01:33 AM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message

> Well you're responding to this thread, and you're a RSC moderator, why
> can't
> you find out and respond here?

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.p...public+warning

If anyone needs more, they'll need to ask someone other than me.
Personally, I've never been able to figure out what's so bad about having a
warning attached to an avatar. I've received a yellow before and never
thought twice about the visibility of it.

Old August 29th 05, 01:34 AM
Jeff Reid

>> RSC does not include anything regarding their public warning
>> system.
>>

> Under general rules and not attached to any specific rule: "If you refuse to comply with our requests on this matter,
> we reserve the right to warn/ban a member in the normal process." It just so happens that the normal process includes
> a public warning.

If your warning system was covered under existing rules, then why did
Mbrio demand that I mail in a written letter stating I would agree to
the public warning system? No such letter would have been required if the
existing rules at the time I joined RSC covered this.

In the case of the forums that optional post warnings, this is clearly
stated in their rules, unlike RSC's "normal process".

> If someone such as yourself is so concerened about the system,
> you should've inquired as to what the normal process is. Instead, you prefer to whine about some system that you've
> known
> exists for quite some time.
> It's not like you hadn't been warned with a public warning before....

Just because I tolerated it before doens't mean I think it's right.
Sort of like the shool kid bully asking why is the kid the bully
is stealing lunch money from is complaining now when the victim
didn't complain before. It doesn't make it right.

And this isn't whining, you have still yet to answer the original
question. What is the purpose of a public warning system if not
to punish, in otherwords, cause harm to a victim of RSC's
undocumented publick warning system?

RSC's public warning system is just wrong. There's no need for it,
and it's just a mean for RSC moderators to abuse and harass
the victims of it's warning system.

Old August 29th 05, 01:37 AM
Jeff Reid

>> No one at RSC has explained the reasons for the use of this public warning caper yet. We're waiting!
>
> Has anyone even bothered to try to find someone who would answer this yet

Have you? You're a RSC moderator. As a representative of RSC, I would
think you would do the proper thing and respond here. You've had several
posts here in multiple threads, but still haven't answered the question.

I can't ask myself because I refused to agrree to an additional set of
rules made just for me to permit the abuse and harrasement from RSC,
and was banned by Mbrio for refusing to this new set of rules.

Old August 29th 05, 02:08 AM
Jeff Reid

>> Well you're responding to this thread, and you're a RSC moderator, why can't you find out and respond here?
>>

> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.p...public+warning
>
> If anyone needs more, they'll need to ask someone other than me. Personally, I've never been able to figure out what's
> so bad about having a warning attached to an avatar. I've received a yellow before and never thought twice about the
> visibility of it.

Well according to that thread, a RSC moderator stated that members were
ignoring private emails (although this doesn't make sense, if you get
enough warnings, you get banned), so they use the public warning system,
(apparently they think this is more of a deterrent, which confirms
my belief that it's simply a vindicitive punishment, that violates
RSC's own rules about abuse and harrassment).

Private warnings work just fine on every other forum I visit, so why
is it that RSC needs a public warning system? I don't think it's the
members with the problem, it's the moderators.

Regarding the google search previously mentioned, find one other racing
game oriented site that has a public warning system.

Old August 29th 05, 06:56 AM
zx12rcr

> Has anyone even bothered to try to find someone who would answer this yet?

Yes, responded to the thread you posted in GPL section and started a
new thread in the rules section. Now I find my account isn't working, and
it appears that the threads were deleted. So it appears this is the only
place to ask about this, since RSC is apparently too ashamed to discuss
this in public. I didn't even receive an email from RSC explainging why
my account isn't working.

Old August 29th 05, 03:25 PM
Byron Forbes

"Scirocco" > wrote in message
> "Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
>>
>> Well you're responding to this thread, and you're a RSC moderator, why
>> can't
>> you find out and respond here?
>>

> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.p...public+warning

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C83248B