RSC, why was Legends Central delted?

Old August 24th 05, 12:32 AM
jason moyer

alex martini wrote:

> 1. Is not a possibility, I have evidence.
> 2. Then they should cease asking for donations.

You should present some of that evidence instead of constantly sounding
like a bitter jackass who was rightfully banned for being a dickhead.

Old August 25th 05, 01:21 PM
Byron Forbes

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> And thus, it seems that RSC has never been shut down for legal
>> reasons?
>> So why be so conservative at the expense of those you are supposed to be
>> serving?

> 2 things come to mind:
>
> 1. They don't want to invite legal action that could potentially
> threaten the site.

Looks and sounds to me like they need to push the envelope a little
more - too timid imo. I mean, who would really give a stuff about someone
linking to that fairly poor quality mpg?

> 2. They have a special relationship with all of the major sim
> developers and don't want to jeopardize that.

That link is far from an example of piracy! Especially software piracy.

Old August 25th 05, 07:06 PM
alex martini

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> alex martini wrote:
>
>> 1. Is not a possibility, I have evidence.
>> 2. Then they should cease asking for donations.

> You should present some of that evidence instead of constantly sounding
> like a bitter jackass who was rightfully banned for being a dickhead.

Surprisingly eloquent considering you probably just finished your
soggy-biscuit.

Old August 27th 05, 02:08 PM

In 2001, a legends central subsite owner posted some illegal content of
some sort on his portion of the site. i'm sorry I don't remember
exactly what it was but I remember it wasn't a grey-area and violated
the webhost company's terms of service pretty blatantly. The site was
shut down (and yes, 'deleted' by them). It was down for a period and
rebuilt on another webhost. So... there ya go

Old August 28th 05, 01:02 AM
Jeff Reid

> In 2001, a legends central subsite owner posted some illegal content of
> some sort on his portion of the site. i'm sorry I don't remember
> exactly what it was but I remember it wasn't a grey-area and violated
> the webhost company's terms of service pretty blatantly. The site was
> shut down (and yes, 'deleted' by them). It was down for a period and
> rebuilt on another webhost. So... there ya go

So this is a far cry from a member posting a link to a video.

Old August 28th 05, 02:38 AM

I don't know, but you guys feel free (as usual) to construe/add/replace
facts in order to support whatever assinine point you're all trying to
make against each other, I just mentioned it for those who honestly
were curious. Back to lurking. - Carl

Old August 28th 05, 08:07 AM
Jeff Reid

> I don't know, but you guys feel free (as usual) to construe/add/replace
> facts in order to support whatever assinine point you're all trying to
> make against each other, I just mentioned it for those who honestly
> were curious. Back to lurking. - Carl

I was curious. No matter what, though I'll never consider RSC's public
warning system as justified. As stated before, it's not needed, as
no other forum does this.

Old August 28th 05, 08:17 AM
jason moyer

http://www.google.com/search?q=ubb+forum+rules+warnings

Old August 28th 05, 10:30 AM
Jeff Reid

>> posting public warnings
>> no other forum does this.

> http://www.google.com/search?q=ubb+forum+rules+warnings

Very few of the hits on this site include forums that attach
public warnings. Most of the sites that had warning systems
mention that moderators send emails or private mails to the
accused person. Of the few forums that appear to optionally
apply public warning tags, all of those include this fact in
their new member agreements.

RSC does not include anything regarding their public warning
system.

Old August 28th 05, 02:43 PM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message

> RSC does not include anything regarding their public warning
> system.

Under general rules and not attached to any specific rule: "If you refuse to
comply with our requests on this matter, we reserve the right to warn/ban a
member in the normal process." It just so happens that the normal process
includes a public warning. If someone such as yourself is so concerened
about the system, you should've inquired as to what the normal process is.
Instead, you prefer to whine about some system that you've known exists for
quite some time. It's not like you hadn't been warned with a public warning
before....