Oh Well.......

Old June 21st 05, 05:27 PM
Phil Speight

Default Oh Well.......

As I sat ,my extremely red 75 broken down , in a layby on the A14 on
Sunday - en route to National Alfa Day - no less than 38 Alfas passed me and
not one stopped to offer help .
I was still somewhat disgruntled about this when we eventually got the beast
running again . It was a bad contact at the coil .The RAC missed it so I
fixed it myself ! ( I`ve just had 17 stitches out of my hand so I was hoping
not to get involved .)
So , there I was shortly after doing 90 ish in the outside lane when I saw ,
far too late to stop , another 75 parked by the side of the road , bonnet up
, unhappy driver sitting by it . One mile later , and before I`d reached any
junction or other means to retrace my steps , the bugger broke down again !
Same problem . We dealt with it more thoroughly this time - but by then
actually getting straight to the gig seemed the first priority in case the
coil was at fault . So - if I forgive all the ones that passed me ,
please accept my apologies Mr dark coloured 75 . At least I thought about it
! The gods punished me later . If you`ve heard about the golf ball sized
halestones that hit
parts of the Midlands - it`s true . One of them dented my bonnet !
Phil

Old June 21st 05, 08:33 PM
alfistagj

Holland is quite different then ......
On my way to the Montreal Register meeting last fall, my Monti decided to
stop.
10 (!!) Alfa owners stopped (none of them Monti-owners) and offered their
help.
I thanked them for their moral support, but the towtruck (from Dutch RAC)
was already on its way (capital fule injection pump failure)
10 Minutes later the organiser of the register meeting called me on my cell
phone to ask if he could be of help; wasn't there a way to get there, be it
with out my Monti.......
As I didnt want to leave my Monti alone, I drove back home in the cabin of
the towtruck.
Sad, but happy about the Alfisti offering their genereous help.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Phil Speight" > schreef in bericht

Old June 21st 05, 08:45 PM
Catman

Phil Speight wrote:

> As I sat ,my extremely red 75 broken down , in a layby on the A14 on
> Sunday - en route to National Alfa Day - no less than 38 Alfas passed me
> and not one stopped to offer help .
> I was still somewhat disgruntled about this when we eventually got the
> beast running again . It was a bad contact at the coil .The RAC missed it
> so I fixed it myself ! ( I`ve just had 17 stitches out of my hand so I was
> hoping not to get involved .)
> So , there I was shortly after doing 90 ish in the outside lane when I saw
> , far too late to stop , another 75 parked by the side of the road ,
> bonnet up , unhappy driver sitting by it . One mile later , and before I`d
> reached any
> junction or other means to retrace my steps , the bugger broke down again
> !
> Same problem . We dealt with it more thoroughly this time - but by then
> actually getting straight to the gig seemed the first priority in case the
> coil was at fault . So - if I forgive all the ones that passed me ,
> please accept my apologies Mr dark coloured 75 . At least I thought about
> it ! The gods punished me later . If you`ve heard about the golf ball
> sized halestones that hit
> parts of the Midlands - it`s true . One of them dented my bonnet !

Bummer. Well you weren't there when I went by
I was coming from the east though, so.......
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 21st 05, 09:32 PM
Halmyre

Phil Speight wrote:
> As I sat ,my extremely red 75 broken down , in a layby on the A14 on
> Sunday - en route to National Alfa Day - no less than 38 Alfas passed me and
> not one stopped to offer help .
> I was still somewhat disgruntled about this when we eventually got the beast
> running again . It was a bad contact at the coil .The RAC missed it so I
> fixed it myself ! ( I`ve just had 17 stitches out of my hand so I was hoping
> not to get involved .)
> So , there I was shortly after doing 90 ish in the outside lane when I saw ,
> far too late to stop , another 75 parked by the side of the road , bonnet up
> , unhappy driver sitting by it . One mile later , and before I`d reached any
> junction or other means to retrace my steps , the bugger broke down again !
> Same problem . We dealt with it more thoroughly this time - but by then
> actually getting straight to the gig seemed the first priority in case the
> coil was at fault . So - if I forgive all the ones that passed me ,
> please accept my apologies Mr dark coloured 75 . At least I thought about it
> ! The gods punished me later . If you`ve heard about the golf ball sized
> halestones that hit
> parts of the Midlands - it`s true . One of them dented my bonnet !
> Phil

Look on the bright side - what if one of the potential stoppers had
been...IT!!!?

--
Halmyre