Best PC Racing Simulators

Old May 3rd 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
P Gagg

Default Best PC Racing Simulators

In article i>,
> > And I'd add either Colin MCrae Rally 4 (or DiRT) as the best
> > rally sims.

> SIMS??? They are Arcade games. RBR is the only rally sim, and it
> is very good.

Whatever, depends on your definition of a sim, I personally think they
are very good simulators if played on the simulation setting, not the
arcade setting.
Old May 10th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Poky

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:50:27 -0700 (PDT), Mr T >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>From my understanding the following is a list of the "best" racing
>simulators for their category. By "best" I mean most realistic and
>lifelike. Of course, there will be differing points of view as to
>which ones are the best which is why I'm putting this list out there.
>rFactor can probably fit into most of the categories but I've never
>actually used it myself.
>
>Nascar
>1. Nascar Racing Season 2003
>
>Modern Formula 1
>1. F1 Challenge '99-02'
>
>Vintage Formula 1
>1. Grand Prix Legends
>
>Australian V8 Supercars
>1. GTR2 (V8 mod)
>
>GT
>1. GTR2
>
>Classic GT
>1. GT Legends
>
>Please alter the list and add other categories if you feel obliged.
>
>Regards,
>Mike.

Live For Speed has more realsitic driving model than all of them even
if the cars are made up names.
Old May 10th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Poky

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:56:15 +0300, "Mika Takala"
> wrote:

>RBR is the only rally sim, and it is very
>good.

Well, if they actually sold it in the store I would buy it and find
out for myself. No wonder they complain about not making any money
from games when they only sell it to a part of the potential market.
Old May 11th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
flightlessvacuum

On May 10, 11:06*am, Poky > wrote:

> Live For Speed has more realsitic driving model than all of them even
> if the cars are made up names.

I agree! NR2003 is still tops for me in terms of physics, the feel is
just unmatched but I think LFS has come somewhat close.

UltraForce Simulators Announces GS-3 Support for Sim Factory's ARCA/Remax Series Racing Simulator [email protected] Simulators 8 July 5th 07 01:53 PM
RIP Racing Simulators reggie white Simulators 11 September 7th 05 05:13 PM
ATV simulators Anti Spam Simulators 1 June 17th 05 03:42 AM
Using simulators is a SIN ! ! ! ! ! Bruno Beam Simulators 17 December 20th 04 10:33 AM