Add supercharger to E36 318i?

Old November 18th 04, 02:27 AM
Matt O'Toole

Default Add supercharger to E36 318i?

Normally I wouldn't consider such a silly thing, but...

I have the opportunity to buy a very low mileage, early E36 318i coupe, in
immaculate condition, for a very low price. I'm thinking it might be worth
putting a Downing supercharger on. In total I will still have spent less than a
similar 325i with 2-3 times the mileage would cost ($7-8k). I'd have a much
younger car with similar or better performance. Any thoughts? Any shortcomings
with this model, besides the lack of power?

Matt O.

Old November 18th 04, 11:04 AM
adder

"Matt O'Toole" > wrote in message >...
> Normally I wouldn't consider such a silly thing, but...
>
> I have the opportunity to buy a very low mileage, early E36 318i coupe, in
> immaculate condition, for a very low price. I'm thinking it might be worth
> putting a Downing supercharger on. In total I will still have spent less than a
> similar 325i with 2-3 times the mileage would cost ($7-8k). I'd have a much
> younger car with similar or better performance. Any thoughts? Any shortcomings
> with this model, besides the lack of power?
>
> Matt O.

Would have thought you could buy an early 325 for way less than $7-8k.
You probably get bigger brakes with the bigger engined cars.

Buy the 318 & sell it at a profit if it's so cheap.

Sickly E46 318i Grant BMW 0 October 17th 04 12:25 PM
BMW 318i E46 M43 engine failure Andrew Thomas BMW 0 October 4th 04 10:55 AM
1988 318i - revs up, lights dim. Que pasa? peterwr BMW 3 September 22nd 04 07:15 AM