Add Navigation to 2003 Honda Accord LX

Old December 14th 04, 04:11 AM
Rich

Default Add Navigation to 2003 Honda Accord LX

I have the opportunity to buy the OEM navigation system for a 2003
Honda Accord. I bought my 2003 Honda Accord without the navigation
system. Has anyone ever tried this before? I'm worried about the fit
and about the wiring.

Thanks.

Rich

Old December 23rd 04, 09:17 PM
Calum Tsang

In article .com>,
Rich > wrote:
>I have the opportunity to buy the OEM navigation system for a 2003
>Honda Accord. I bought my 2003 Honda Accord without the navigation
>system. Has anyone ever tried this before? I'm worried about the fit
>and about the wiring.

I suspect it's significant work to get the NAVI into an LX. The idea had
crossed my mind, but after some investigation, I'm not sure it's easy.

I have an LX-G (Canadian version) and I know to get something as simple as
the steering wheel audio controls from an EX into the LX-G is impossible
without replacing three cable harnesses. I spent a several hours
working with the poor kid at the dealer, poring over their part explorer
tool and the Mitchell wiring diagrams. My guess is the NAVI is even
harder, as it likely would need to integrate with the ECU for reading
wheel speed, plus you need to plug in the GPS receiver.

For example, the main dash harness (like $800, Honda part cost) is
completely different between LX and EX. As a result, I doubt the
NAVI would go in easily, as the LX harness likely does not have a
provision for it.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the NAVI component?

Calum