USPits gone forever...

Old January 5th 05, 04:04 PM
Byron Forbes

"NC_Creeper" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for the link Michael.
>
> As for theuspits.com, I do have a suggestion. Since most of the bad
> blood that exists comes in the form of people overusing their right to
> free speech on the forums, why not re-invent the site without the
> forums on it? Just my 2 cents. Its one of the best Nascar Racing
> simulation sites there ever was.

Or get rid of the glass jaw! A site like the US pits needs a forum. And
the way to run a forum is this - if a thread breaks down to insults and/or
bad language only, then shut it and maybe a few bannings in extreme cases.
Protecting emotional little 5 year olds that have something said that upsets
them a bit is pathetic. I was involved in something like this on those
forums a few weeks ago and Jan had a bit of an emotional outburst - the
thread was closed the next day. I remember thinking then that someone needs
a holiday. If you can't say what you think on a forum then that forum is
worthless. Many the moderator expects niceness to win out over honesty and
will tolerate nothing else - that's a forum I have no interest in.

Thank **** for ras - LOL. Long live ras!

Old January 5th 05, 04:17 PM
Byron Forbes

"Stephen F." > wrote in message
> > As for theuspits.com, I do have a suggestion. Since most of the bad
> > blood that exists comes in the form of people overusing their right to
> > free speech on the forums, why not re-invent the site without the
> > forums on it? Just my 2 cents. Its one of the best Nascar Racing
> > simulation sites there ever was.
> >

> Seems like a good idea. Anyway, people often overlook the fact that they
> have no "right" to free speech on privately run web forums...

Oh yeah, so what do they have a right to then? Sucking up to the
moderator and being a clone of an old woman? Talking ****? Sounds like you'd
give the moderator a headjob! LOL.

Wake up pal!

Like Jack Nicholsen says - "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

And if you cant - DONT RUN A FORUM! FFS.

Old January 5th 05, 11:50 PM
Rusty Unger

> Or get rid of the glass jaw! A site like the US pits needs a forum. And
>the way to run a forum is this - if a thread breaks down to insults and/or
>bad language only, then shut it and maybe a few bannings in extreme cases.
>Protecting emotional little 5 year olds that have something said that upsets
>them a bit is pathetic. I was involved in something like this on those
>forums a few weeks ago and Jan had a bit of an emotional outburst - the
>thread was closed the next day. I remember thinking then that someone needs
>a holiday. If you can't say what you think on a forum then that forum is
>worthless. Many the moderator expects niceness to win out over honesty and
>will tolerate nothing else - that's a forum I have no interest in.
>
> Thank **** for ras - LOL. Long live ras!

Thus the reason The Pits is no longer.......idiots like you. Plonk.
Old January 7th 05, 04:55 PM
Byron Forbes

"Rusty Unger" > wrote in message

> > Or get rid of the glass jaw! A site like the US pits needs a forum.

And
> >the way to run a forum is this - if a thread breaks down to insults

and/or
> >bad language only, then shut it and maybe a few bannings in extreme

cases.
> >Protecting emotional little 5 year olds that have something said that

upsets
> >them a bit is pathetic. I was involved in something like this on those
> >forums a few weeks ago and Jan had a bit of an emotional outburst - the
> >thread was closed the next day. I remember thinking then that someone

needs
> >a holiday. If you can't say what you think on a forum then that forum is
> >worthless. Many the moderator expects niceness to win out over honesty

and
> >will tolerate nothing else - that's a forum I have no interest in.
> >
> > Thank **** for ras - LOL. Long live ras!
> >

> Thus the reason The Pits is no longer.......idiots like you. Plonk.

If that was true, and it isn't, then no loss.

You know, I was about to say thank frig for GTR when it hit me. Jan and
Co have seen GTR and probably realise that all their expertise with things
Papy is about to be worthless. Thus the statement about no more NR2003
support. This no doubt has played a role too. A culmination of things.