95fordmustang

Old August 17th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
regulator75

Default 95fordmustang

what price are we looking at for a auto shop to repair lower ball joint on
my mustang

Old August 17th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

You'll get a lot of answers here... none may reflect what you will see in
your area.... If you want a price quote, ask the guys that will be doing the
work....

FWIW, IMHO, drywall should be at 50 cent a sheet and taping should be two
bucks a room.... I have no takers.... Eight bucks worth of 3000 MPa concrete
cost me two thousand bucks.... Asshole suppliers just didn't agree with what
Joe Blow thought....

Yes, I'm a dink in real life, too...

lkaboutautos.com...

Old August 17th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Lanson

"regulator75" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> what price are we looking at for a auto shop to repair lower ball joint on
> my mustang

200-300 for almost anything.

Old August 17th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> You'll get a lot of answers here... none may reflect what you will see in
> your area.... If you want a price quote, ask the guys that will be doing
> the work....
>
> FWIW, IMHO, drywall should be at 50 cent a sheet and taping should be two
> bucks a room.... I have no takers.... Eight bucks worth of 3000 MPa
> concrete cost me two thousand bucks.... Asshole suppliers just didn't
> agree with what Joe Blow thought....
>
> Yes, I'm a dink in real life, too...

Heh... Jim, you rock.

Kate

Old August 17th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

Why not do most of the grunt work yourself, then take itn to have it
aligned?

Old August 18th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Does that mean you'll come and drywall my spare room? I'll pay a buck a
sheet if you do it "au naturel" 8^) (Oh my God.... who let the dirty old man
out????).

.. .

Old August 18th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Just a word of caution, Kate.... A lot of DIYers don't think hard enough
about what they are doing. I've been presented with too many cars where
"thats' good enough" was a real theme. I can't speak for any other shops but
I can not bring myself to release a car that I think is unsafe.

I think it great that many motorists will take the plunge and get dirty to
save money.... Too many times, common sense takes a holiday and it can take
the monet save and then some to get things back into equilibrium.

A 50 dollar wheel alignment can only encompass so much labour before it
becomes unprofitable and, like any other business, profit is what keeps the
wheels turning.

. ..

Old August 18th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
news5dFg.6888$395.2910@edtnps90...
> Does that mean you'll come and drywall my spare room? I'll pay a buck a
> sheet if you do it "au naturel" 8^) (Oh my God.... who let the dirty old
> man out????).

LMFAO!
I just love dirty old men, they have lost all of their sense in search of
.... well you KNOW what they're in search of.
Jim, If I did it nekkid, you'd go blind. Dontcha know, nekkid fat girls
ain't purty to look at.

Besides, I'm not getting between ANY kind of sheets for a buck.
LOL But I'm pretty damn good with finishing sheetrock!

Old August 18th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

Good points all of them.
Advice that would be well heeded by an amateur.
At my age I would likely have it done, not DIY. Back when I could climb up
and sit in the engine compartment it was no biggie.

Too often I forget that not everyne has my automotive background and doubt
that many have been lucky enough to have husbands as mechanical as mine.
(two of them anyway *snikker*)

Kate

Old August 21st 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

"Jim Warman" > wrote:

> Just a word of caution, Kate.... A lot of DIYers don't think hard
> enough about what they are doing. I've been presented with too many
> cars where "thats' good enough" was a real theme. I can't speak for
> any other shops but I can not bring myself to release a car that I
> think is unsafe

My kid just spent bought a nice 93 Bird (140,000 mi) for 200 bucks, it had
fallen on its nose and he assumed the problem was the ball joint went.

Turns out when he got it in his drive and jacked up, the BJ nut had come
off a recently installed part.

Parts to fix: about 4 bucks. But worrisome if some shop had installed it.

you pay..DEAL with it!