Humidity Hell on the Windshield

Old August 11th 05, 03:48 AM
teem

Default Humidity Hell on the Windshield

Jesus!these last 3-4 weks have been next to hell driving in the
morning!,I try the heat,works somewhat,I go to a/c,nope,a fog cluster
forms at the bottom of the windshield,then when it does happen to
clear off,i drive thru a fog patch & it starts all over again.That
blower direction knob isn't much help either.
Old August 11th 05, 01:30 PM
Oppie

Keep the windshield clean, inside and out and it greatly reduces the
occurrence of these problems. Use Windex on a sponge followed by a squeegee.
Might have to repeat a couple of times to get all the schmutz off.
A smooth surface is less affected by condensation. Any dirt or residue from
smoking gives a nice base for moisture to condense on.

....and the sky is blue due to Rayleigh scattering.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...os/blusky.html

Old August 13th 05, 10:01 PM
teem

I used windex & a squeegee,it's better,but,you can't get around this
frickin' humidity!,On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:30:20 -0400, "Oppie"
> wrote:

>Keep the windshield clean, inside and out and it greatly reduces the
>occurrence of these problems. Use Windex on a sponge followed by a squeegee.
>Might have to repeat a couple of times to get all the schmutz off.
>A smooth surface is less affected by condensation. Any dirt or residue from
>smoking gives a nice base for moisture to condense on.
>
>...and the sky is blue due to Rayleigh scattering.
>http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...os/blusky.html

.. .

Old August 14th 05, 04:19 AM
Oppie

Yeah, humidity is a bummer. I'm in the New York city area (about 20 miles
North). It's been pretty bad between heat and humidity. I console myself
with the thought that soon enough the cost of heating my house will excede
the mortgage and tax bill

Have you tried using poloroid sunglasses? The slope of some windshields is
more likely to give problems with low angles of the sun (dawn/dusk). The
polarizing sunglasses cut out the bulk of the glare and generally improve
visibility... or did I misunderstand? Are you still getting condensation? If
so, is it on the inside or outside?

Old August 14th 05, 03:36 PM
marx404

yo teem, you must be a shortie like me, lol. Yep, we can blame this anomolie
on the weird heat and humidity we have been having lately, I have the same
problem, but it is only the bottom part of the window. Like Oppie sez, keep
the window clean inside and out, that helps. Its not so much the car, but
the crazy humidity, we have been having 60-90% here in FL with an average
"feels like" temp of 100+ the past 2 weeks.

marx404

Old August 18th 05, 01:17 AM
teem

I'm in ohio,the last 3-4 weeks I come out to my car 545am,it's
sweating like a banshee,that means its gonna be a stinker that day,as
for the condasation,it forms a type of W at the bottom of the sheild,&
the conditions.I miised the shortie part.On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:36:47

Old August 18th 05, 02:45 AM
Roy

I'm on the east coast of Canada and we get a lot of condensation in the
morning from the temperature going from a daytime high of 28C to a nightime
low of 12C. What I do for cleaning my windows in the morning is when I
change my wipers I keep one of the old ones and use it a a squeegie to wipe
the windows and I get a good wide wipe (the 22 inch wiper is much better
than the 6 - 8 inch squeegies from the stores). Usually once I get moving
the windows stay clear but I'm out at 8:00 when the sun is up.
If you are in a area where you deal with a lot of dew I recommend the old
wiper thing as I can usually clear my windows in about the same amount of
time it takes to walk around the car. As far as your early morning
condensation I think the heat would be the way to go. I may be wrong but
doesn't water condense on cold surfaces.
Side note, it was so humid here a couple of weeks ago that my girlfriend had
a couple millimeters (about an eighth of an inch) or water on the tile
floors of her basement.

Old August 18th 05, 03:49 AM
Bob Duncan

I turn on the AC and add a little bit of warm air to the mix. It doesnt
condense on the windshield that way.

Windshield Wiper Hell slim Honda 33 April 23rd 05 12:50 AM
Need New Windshield ll Ford Explorer 2 February 1st 05 07:42 PM
2002 VUE Front windshield wash Vince Brophy Saturn 3 January 26th 05 08:11 PM
Windshield wiper not working Ulf Technology 5 December 21st 04 12:50 PM
'94 SL2 Windshield... Scott MacIntyre Saturn 0 November 29th 04 07:29 PM