List For Camille

Old July 28th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Sammy Marks

Default List For Camille

AIN’T TO PROUD TO BEG B
COME TOGETHER Dm
DEAD FLOWERS D
FIRE (Pointer Sisters) G
GET READY D
HOUSE IS ROCKING Bb
IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR D
JUST MY IMAGINATION A
KNOCK ON WOOD A
LITTLE BIT O’ SOUL G
SATISFACTION E
SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED E
PINK CADILLAC E
TUMBLING DICE B
YOUNG BLOOD A

These are the ones we would like you to sing lead on for Sunday. Also,
any harmonies on the ones Dave or I sing, like You Wreck Me or Gimme
Some Loving. I know I mentioned a couple other songs on the phone, like
Keep Your Hands To Yourself, but Dave doesn't want to give that up.

To hear our versions, go to www.hbcband.com, and from there you'll
figure it out.

Here are the ones Dave said he wouldn't mind trying from the Salad Menu:

Take Me To The River
Hard To Handle
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Vertigo
Bad Case of Loving You
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Running Down A Dream
Summer of 69
One Way Or Another
Tie Your Mother Down
One Way To Rock
Are You Gonna Go My Way
Gel
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
American Girl
Sharp Dressed Man
Take It Off
Bang A Gong
Working For A Living
Rebel Yell (he actually voted against this one, but I'm overiding him)
Devil Inside
Hashpipe
Cold Shot
U + Ur Hand
Learn To Fly
Sweet Emotion
Wanton Song
Day Tripper

Not all of these will work, but it's a healthy start.

When you're ready for directions to Joe's, let me know.

Sammy
Old July 29th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Paul Pearson

Intended for email perhaps and not the r.a.s. group...lol?

Old July 30th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
James McTavish

Sammy Marks > wrote in news:488D240A.5020401
@tampabay.rr.com:

> Bang A Gong

Why do Americnas everyone always want to play Bang A Gong when Marc Bolan
wrote so many better songs? Try playing Metal Guru or Children of the
Revolution for a change for FFSK!
Old July 30th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Luvrsmel

"James McTavish" > wrote in message
> Sammy Marks > wrote in news:488D240A.5020401
> @tampabay.rr.com:
>
>> Bang A Gong

> Why do Americnas everyone always want to play Bang A Gong when Marc Bolan
> wrote so many better songs? Try playing Metal Guru or Children of the
> Revolution for a change for FFSK!

Some more Marc Bolan interest....

Marc Bolan: Age 30
T. Rex
(b. Mark Feld, 30 July 1947, London, England, d. 16 September 1977).
Initially dubbed Toby Tyler, he completed several unsuccessful demo discs
before reportedly adopting his new surname from ( Bo) b Dy( lan). A former
model in the halcyon Mod era, Bolan began his singing career during the
mid-60s folk boom. Frustrated at his commercial impasse, the artist then
opted to join Napier-Bell proteges John's Children in 1967. He composed
their best-known single, Desdemona, but left the line-up after a matter of
months to form Tyrannosaurus Rex (later T. Rex). Between 1970-73 this highly
popular attraction enjoyed a run of 10 consecutive Top 5 singles, but Marc's
refusal to alter the formula of his compositions resulted in an equally
spectacular decline. Bolan was, nonetheless, one of the few established
musicians to embrace punk and a contemporary television series, MARC,
revived a flagging public profile. This ascendancy ended abruptly in
September 1977 when the artist, as a passenger in a car driven by his common
law wife, American soul singer Gloria Jones, was killed when they crashed
into a tree on Barnes Common, London. (T. Rex members: Steve Peregrine Took
died in 1980 choking on a cherry pit on mushrooms, and Steve Currie, who had
played bass on Electric Warrior and The Slider, met his end in 1981. Also,
Marc's first and only wife -they never divoced, June Bolan passed away of a
heart attack while vactioning in Turkey in 1995 at age aprox. 46).

Old July 30th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
James McTavish

"Luvrsmel" > wrote in

> Some more Marc Bolan interest....

Here's another bit of trivia.

Gloria Jones was the first person to record the song Tainted Love. She
didn't write it though but she did co-write quite a few Motown hits.
Old August 7th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Luvrsmel" > wrote in

> "James McTavish" > wrote in message
>> Sammy Marks > wrote in news:488D240A.5020401
>> @tampabay.rr.com:
>>
>>> Bang A Gong

>> Why do Americnas everyone always want to play Bang A Gong when Marc
>> Bolan wrote so many better songs? Try playing Metal Guru or Children
>> of the Revolution for a change for FFSK!

> Some more Marc Bolan interest....
>
> Marc Bolan: Age 30
> T. Rex
> (b. Mark Feld, 30 July 1947, London, England, d. 16 September 1977).
> Initially dubbed Toby Tyler, he completed several unsuccessful demo
> discs before reportedly adopting his new surname from ( Bo) b Dy(
> lan). A former model in the halcyon Mod era, Bolan began his singing
> career during the mid-60s folk boom. Frustrated at his commercial
> impasse, the artist then opted to join Napier-Bell proteges John's
> Children in 1967. He composed their best-known single, Desdemona, but
> left the line-up after a matter of months to form Tyrannosaurus Rex
> (later T. Rex). Between 1970-73 this highly popular attraction enjoyed
> a run of 10 consecutive Top 5 singles, but Marc's refusal to alter the
> formula of his compositions resulted in an equally spectacular
> decline. Bolan was, nonetheless, one of the few established musicians
> to embrace punk and a contemporary television series, MARC, revived a
> flagging public profile. This ascendancy ended abruptly in September
> 1977 when the artist, as a passenger in a car driven by his common law
> wife, American soul singer Gloria Jones, was killed when they crashed
> into a tree on Barnes Common, London. (T. Rex members: Steve Peregrine
> Took died in 1980 choking on a cherry pit on mushrooms

Peregrine Took?? Geez old JRR sure got around didn't he.