Bigger Motor for PT Cruiser?

Old March 5th 05, 02:12 PM
Bill Putney

L, not -L wrote:
> On 4-Mar-2005, "PT_Sean" > wrote:
>

>>That flash was to cause the a/c to disengage when the accelerator was
>>mashed.
>>
>>There would be no way to show a definite 10% increase in mileage unless
>>you
>>drove the same roads, same way, same conditions before and after the flash
>>
>>and had the whole thing monitored.

> Since 95% of its use was to drive to and from work, it was driven on the
> same roads, by the same driver (thus likely the same way), in pretty much
> the same conditions. All I know for sure is, for the way I used the car -
> before the flash change I averaged 20 mpg, after flash avg was 22. The only
> other change I know occurred was the fuel line recall - but I don't recall
> it being a leak, it was a more obscure situation.

The biggest change you would notice would be better acceleration
whenever the compressor would otherwise be on. I wouldn't expect any
real change in mpg, since the compressor will just have to run that much
longer after the period of acceleration to maintain the same cabin
temperature - unless the effect were so great that it couldn't maintain
the desired/set temperature, in which case you might as well turn the
temp. knob down (for the same mpg increse (and be warmer).

Bottom line, the by-far major motivation in a.c. compressor cutouts
during acceleration is to give the effect of more power (a "bigger"
engine) when the a.c. is running.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old March 5th 05, 02:17 PM
mic canic

just so you know pt any fuel injected d.c vehicle with the pedal mashed drops
the ac operation period

Old March 8th 05, 07:26 AM

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:18:00 -0500, "PT_Sean"
> wrote:

>That flash was to cause the a/c to disengage when the accelerator was
>mashed.

Hmm, no W.O.T. switch anymore?