Change your oil by three thousand miles.

Old July 19th 05, 10:40 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Default Change your oil by three thousand miles.

Change your oil by three thousand miles: http://www.dontbuyone.org/
http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=149&did=1039
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/
Old July 19th 05, 11:08 PM
Coasty

My brother-in-law had worked on several of the 2.7L engines and told all his
customers change your oil every 3000 miles. A lot of people were using the
Schedule B instead of the Schedule A maintenance. He told them unless you
drive less than 6000 miles per year change your oil every 3000 miles. Those
who listened to him have well over 100,000 miles on their 2.7L engines.
Those who did not ended up with a blown engine pay me now or pay me later
their choice he said. In the 80s Toyota was having sludge issues on two of
their engines and they basically took the same stance DC has. Sludge comes
from only one thing and that is not changing your oil as needed.

--
Coasty
SEMPER PARATUS

Remove The SPOOGE To Reply

Old July 19th 05, 11:56 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Once oil begins to make acid it goes bad real fast, I seen the oil
in automatic transmissions make the change in less than five hundred
miles, once it begins to clog the filter it's history.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 19th 05, 11:56 PM
Billy Ray

And use full synthetic or synthetic blend oil because of its greater
cleaning ability.

Old July 20th 05, 12:17 AM
Earle Horton

Bill

This page appears to be about a defective Chrysler Corporation engine
design. It would be a mistake to generalize from these unfortunate
experiences.

Earle

Old July 20th 05, 12:43 AM
Billy Ray

I think his reference is to the engine failure problem appears to be sludge
related. It is, of course, difficult to establish an across-the-board link
between the various engines.

I feel confidant in my 4 liter as its design is several decades old and by
its inline design is suited for torque demanding use.

news:1121814807.df670c060e41835dbb53e10a947b69dd@t eranews...

Old July 20th 05, 02:03 AM
Earle Horton

Sludge is not necessarily related to miles between oil changes. Other
contributing factors are engine oil temperature, exhaust and blowby
composition, and dust and water in the environment. Your 4.0 is reliable,
because it runs too hot for water to collect in the sump. That is probably
more important for longevity than inline design. I have seen six cylinder
inline engines caked solid with sludge, before the manufacturers figured out
they had to run hot, and before the Californians pronounced that they had to
have PCV valves.

I first noticed this in 1978. An old mechanic told me, "Short trips are
bad". It is a good mantra, if you own any vehicle more powerful than a
bicycle.

Earle