wierd electrical issue

Old September 26th 11, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
lostsoul

Default wierd electrical issue

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser, won’t start... checked to make sure that the
spark plugs were firing.... discovered that the spark if any is very
weak.. and when I turn the key to the off position the spark plugs
fire one time very strong.... I have never seen anything like it...
Why would the plug spark when I turn the key to the off position....
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
lost soul

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/wierd-elec...ict252918.html
Old September 26th 11, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
NotMe

"lostsoul" > wrote in message
news:1221999_69c795651da111837491632eab10bfd7@auto boardz.com...
>I have a 2001 PT Cruiser, won't start... checked to make sure that the
> spark plugs were firing.... discovered that the spark if any is very
> weak.. and when I turn the key to the off position the spark plugs
> fire one time very strong.... I have never seen anything like it...
> Why would the plug spark when I turn the key to the off position....
> HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
> lost soul

Off as in OFF or off as in RUN

If it's off as in off I expect (SWAG) the plug fire has to do with stored
energy in some capacitor discharging.

Old September 26th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rob[_24_]

how many miles on this beast?

Old October 6th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
lostsoul

Thank you for the imput Re weird electrical problem w/my PT Cruiser...
only 100,000 miles on it... But it blew a head gasket... I changed out
the Head gasket... and have not been able to get the beast to
start..... Not even close... everything is as it should be... except
this spark thing... It is kicking my ass... I have spent 6 or more
hours on this beast everyday for the last 7 or 8 days now....
Any ideas please let me know... lost soul

Old October 7th 11, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
bllsht[_2_]

The cam sensor connector and the ign coil connector are the same. Make
sure you didn't switch them.

Old November 13th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
u c coskun

On Oct 5, 6:42*pm, lostsoul > wrote:
> Thank you for the imput Re weird electrical problem w/my PT Cruiser...
> only 100,000 miles on it... But it blew a head gasket... I changed out
> the Head gasket... and have not been able to get the beast to
> start..... Not even close... everything is as it should *be... except
> this spark thing... It is kicking my ass... I have spent 6 or more
> hours on this beast everyday for the last 7 or 8 days now....
> Any ideas please let me know... *lost soul
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> *> how many miles on this beast?
> *>
> *>
> *> "lostsoul" > wrote in message
> *>news:1221999_69c795651da111837491632eab10bfd7@au toboardz.com...
> *> >I have a 2001 PT Cruiser, won’t start... checked to make sure
> *> that the
> *> > spark plugs were firing.... discovered that the spark if any
> *> is very
> *> > weak.. and when I turn the key to the off position the spark
> *> plugs
> *> > fire one time very strong.... *I have never seen anything
> *> like it...
> *> > Why would the plug spark when I turn the key to the off
> *> position....
> *> > HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
> *> > lost soul
> *> >
> *> > --
> *> > Posted at author's request, using moderatedhttp://www.AutoBoardz.com
> *> > interface
> *> > Thread archive:
> *> >http://www.AutoBoardz.com/wierd-elec...ict252918.html

try to be sure the spark plug wires are connected firmly. take each
connector and put them back. if you have a weak connection, you will
have weak fire.

Wierd electrical on 2000 [email protected] Ford Explorer 7 September 13th 07 07:21 PM
Wierd tach/condenser issue at coil vgonman VW air cooled 2 May 19th 06 09:01 PM
Wierd electrical fault [email protected] Chrysler 3 March 11th 06 06:33 PM
Wierd electrical problem Old Crow Jeep 2 March 22nd 05 10:12 AM
93 SL2 electrical problems: NOW it gets WIERD J.B. Bobbitt Saturn 4 March 11th 05 06:02 AM