Give your old SL2 some new life!

Old July 5th 04, 09:41 PM
Rick

Default Give your old SL2 some new life!

http://members.aol.com/james1549/mount1.jpg

>http://members.aol.com/james1549/mount2.jpg
>
>I suggest you change yours over if you have the old style. The new part made it
>feel like new again. The part was less than $50 and took about 15 minutes to
>install. Now I don't have to go buy a new car!
>
>James

I just replaced mine on my 94 SL2. All I can ask is "why did I wait
so long?" I replaced it yesterday and when I started it this morning
I was amazed at how smooth it was. I guess I had grown accustomed to
the vibration. Of course, I was in the parts store picking up some
oil so I got stuck with a cheap aftermarket one. If the original
lasted 10+ years I hope this will last at least a year or two.

Rick
Old July 11th 04, 02:08 AM
ProfWdesk1

I have a 98SL2 ... should I replace some mount on it? ... Roy
Old July 11th 04, 03:31 AM
Blah blah

In article >, profwdesk1
@aol.com says...
> I have a 98SL2 ... should I replace some mount on it? ... Roy

Do you know what the upper motor mount looks like? Usually if you can
stick your index finger inbetween the bracket and the rubber its time
for a new one. Thats a real quick way to check them while they're being
serviced.

I cant find a pic of one but its on the front of the engine (passenger
side of car) right on top. Its sorta shaped like a upside down "U"
infront of the valve cover.