UltraForce GS-1 G-Seat

Old December 16th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default UltraForce GS-1 G-Seat

Another thing I wanted to mention, there should be a version available
that is much lower. At this price and state of the art, the real
customers are the die-hard racing sim fans. They probably already have
a cockpit/race frame setup and would be looking for a low seat, not one
that just mates up to the standard height computer desk (with a seating
position like driving a truck or a van . It looks like it would be
easy to adapt this seat to a race frame mount, but I am not sure and for
the price (here we go again) it would be nice not to have to make
modifications.
Old December 16th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54

Plowboy wrote:
> Well, thanks p.
>
> I wish I was near a place to try one, sounds pretty cool! good luck, maybe
> you sell enough or I win the lottery and price wont matter, still seeing the
> small image didnt look that bad. some people choose form over function...
> not me, you should see the POS I drive daily...
>

> enlightened us with:
>> Plowboy wrote:
>>> What is the IETAG.dll that your site is trying to feed me, pdotson?

>> That file is a Microsoft Office component. I don't know anything else
>> about it yet. Maybe it has something to do with fact that I used MS
>> Word to create the web pages.
>>
>> I'll go through the code this evening to see where it's coming from.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pat

you know,your almost up there in price with force dynamics,a hole bunch
of money for movable "PADS"
Old December 17th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

jwilson54 wrote:

> you know,your almost up there in price with force dynamics,a hole bunch
> of money for movable "PADS"

Not sure where you are getting your information. A FD 301 costs at
least $20K as far as I know. I've seen prices mentioned as high as
$30,000. They don't put the price on their web site.

Plus, it's like the comedian Steven Wright says about "You can't have
everything - where would you put it?" Here's quote from their web
site:

"Q: How hard is it to move?...
A: It's easiest to move the 301 with a fork lift..."

I'm not running the 301 down or anything. It's awesome! I want one.
If I sell a couple thousand GS-1's maybe I'll get one But, the
GS-1 is in a totally separate category when it comes to price.

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old December 17th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Great idea!

Actually, the lower portion of the chair can be removed, or you could
buy just the seat without the base. I will offer a version of the
chair with mounting rails on the bottom. It will be a drop-in
replacement for a regular racing seat - Sparco, etc.

In fact, I'm shipping a seat to Europe this week that has no base. It
will be installed in a mock-up of an airline cockpit for flight
simulation. So it can definitely be added to an existing race cockpit.

Thanks,

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old December 17th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54

wrote:
> jwilson54 wrote:
>> you know,your almost up there in price with force dynamics,a hole bunch
>> of money for movable "PADS"

> Not sure where you are getting your information. A FD 301 costs at
> least $20K as far as I know. I've seen prices mentioned as high as
> $30,000. They don't put the price on their web site.
>
> Plus, it's like the comedian Steven Wright says about "You can't have
> everything - where would you put it?" Here's quote from their web
> site:
>
> "Q: How hard is it to move?...
> A: It's easiest to move the 301 with a fork lift..."
>
> I'm not running the 301 down or anything. It's awesome! I want one.
> If I sell a couple thousand GS-1's maybe I'll get one But, the
> GS-1 is in a totally separate category when it comes to price.
>
> Pat Dotson
> UltraForce Simulators

http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Maybe I came across wrong,what I'm saying is at $3000,if your hoping to
get a diehard simracer to buy it,it should look like more than a massage
pad on a lawn chair.It may be as awesome as you say,but,it doesn't look
like the technology justifies the cost.Judging solely on the picture and
discription of the "pads" I'd be hardpressed to shell out $50 for it.And
thats from a fellow Hoosier.
Old December 17th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54

jwilson54 wrote:
> wrote:
>> jwilson54 wrote:
>>> you know,your almost up there in price with force dynamics,a hole bunch
>>> of money for movable "PADS"

>> Not sure where you are getting your information. A FD 301 costs at
>> least $20K as far as I know. I've seen prices mentioned as high as
>> $30,000. They don't put the price on their web site.
>>
>> Plus, it's like the comedian Steven Wright says about "You can't have
>> everything - where would you put it?" Here's quote from their web
>> site:
>>
>> "Q: How hard is it to move?...
>> A: It's easiest to move the 301 with a fork lift..."
>>
>> I'm not running the 301 down or anything. It's awesome! I want one.
>> If I sell a couple thousand GS-1's maybe I'll get one But, the
>> GS-1 is in a totally separate category when it comes to price.
>>
>> Pat Dotson
>> UltraForce Simulators

http://www.ultraforcesim.com

> Maybe I came across wrong,what I'm saying is at $3000,if your hoping to
> get a diehard simracer to buy it,it should look like more than a massage
> pad on a lawn chair.It may be as awesome as you say,but,it doesn't look
> like the technology justifies the cost.Judging solely on the picture and
> discription of the "pads" I'd be hardpressed to shell out $50 for it.And
> thats from a fellow Hoosier.

Oh Yea the 301 starts at $10000
Old December 18th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Really? Where did you find that price?

BTW, I'm with you on the appearance issue. The seat will be available
as part of an integrated cockpit. Work on that project is progressing.
Expect some really cool new products.

Also, since you are in Indiana, if you ever find your was to Kokomo
give me a call and you can try the seat for yourself

Pat

jwilson54 wrote:
> Oh Yea the 301 starts at $10000

seat back adjustment 1988 V8 model [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 March 9th 06 06:53 PM
Airbag light and thet Passenger Seat J Strickland BMW 3 August 15th 05 04:28 PM
Seat Back Twisted SteveG BMW 2 May 22nd 05 06:04 PM
Broken Seat release lever 3 Dr VW Golf [email protected] VW water cooled 0 April 6th 05 05:31 PM
2001 Accord Coupe Seat Covers scobby Honda 0 December 7th 04 07:53 PM