How many Miatas have you owned?

Old October 13th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
SINNER

Default How many Miatas have you owned?

* Chris D'Agnolo wrote in rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:

> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?

Only one, its my current ride.

2007 Black PRHT Grand Touring.

Love it.

--
David
Old October 13th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
snip...
> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?

snip...
> Let me know,
> Chris
> 99BBB

Just two. A red NA "mid-life-crisis-mobile" with which I rewarded myself in
1991 after ten years of driving a diesel VW pickup (really!). And a red
2006 NC "no-longer-a-crisis-mobile" purchased nearly 15 years to the day
after the first.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old October 13th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Rob[_15_]

Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:

> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?

Just the one, a 1996 Eunos Roadster - a VR Limited Combination-A, which
is the japanese Domestic Market version of the Merlot limited edition.

It was imported into the UK in 2000 and I acquired it last November from
the original UK owner (via a dealer). I love it!
--
Rob - Shropshire
So many cats,
Old October 13th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Curmudgeon

In article >, Chris D'Agnolo
> wrote:

> Hey, last time I thought this group was getting WAY too quiet, I started a
> thread on where the participants were / are. I was shocked how many people
> were still hanging around and just waiting to comment or read others
> comments. It led to a long and enjoyable (at least for me) thread.
>
> This is another question that I think will be fun / interesting;
>
> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?

Just one, an original 1990 Mk. I purchased new in July, 1989, the first
one in Chicago's western suburbs. It was months before I stopped being
asked what it was! (It was the 3625th Miata ever built, by the way.)

French blue with two 7" silver stripes (added later) and many many mods
for SCCA solo competition, mostly suspension and intake/exhaust pieces,
but the Momo steering wheel and shift knob are probably my favorites.

Still sitting out in my garage. Still with very few miles since it was
pretty strictly a race car for most of its early life. It will need an
awful lot of TLC to get it back on the road. One of these days . . .

Cheers!

Mudge

--
Life is change: How it differs from the rocks!
I've seen their ways too often for my liking.
Old October 14th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

A used red ’92 purchased in ’98 with 60,000 miles.
Currently has 128,000 miles and running well.

Gary

Old October 15th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
<snippage> >
> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?

<more snippage>

Only 2 so far. 1990B Classic Red/black interior and 2004 Classic
Red/black interior.

Yes, I like red. <g>

And my answer would have been only 1 if you'd asked this question
on June 4, 2007. Or even at 10:45 am on June 5, 2007.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old October 15th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:24:07 -0500, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Hey, last time I thought this group was getting WAY too quiet, I
> started a thread on where the participants were / are. I was shocked
> how many people were still hanging around and just waiting to comment
> or read others comments. It led to a long and enjoyable (at least for
> me) thread.
>
> This is another question that I think will be fun / interesting;
>
> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?

One: 2004 Mazdaspeed.

I picked it up a bit over two years ago and absolutely love it. I guess
I'd post more if anything ever went wrong with it, but nothing ever
does. As it is, the weather is beautiful here this time of year and my
wife and I take drives in the evenings with the top down. We both really
enjoy that. Not the best highway car ever made, but it's my daily driver
and I intend for it to say that way for a long time.

I've never driven a non-MSM NA or NB. They definitely sound better and I
hear the 5-speed is more precise. I'd like to take one for a spin one of
these days.
Old October 21st 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
jbccpa

On Oct 12, 9:24*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> Hey, last time I thought this group was getting WAY too quiet, I started a
> thread on where the participants were / are. I was shocked how many people
> were still hanging around and just waiting to comment or read others
> comments. It led to a long and enjoyable (at least for me) thread.
>
> This is another question that I think will be fun / interesting;
>
> HOW MANY MIATAS HAVE YOU OWNED?
>
> Ya, that means your name had to be on the title for some period of time
> (well, officially but I'm liberal on this matter). Let us know please. Maybe
> this will in part spark this group back to life. I know there's all kinds of
> depressing stuff going on all around us but let's not forget the thing that
> can always put a smile back on your face in short order!
>
> For me it's 2!
> A 1992 SE Brilliant Black and Tan (Not officially an SE but referred to as a
> 'Black Miata' in the sales brochure) and my current 1999 BBB (Black / Black
> Interior / Black Top). I know there's a bunch of folks out there who've
> owned as many or more.
>
> Let me know,
> Chris
> 99BBB

3 for me. 1994 red, 2000 silver and 1990 red turbocharged
Old October 22nd 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
S K

Just the one, a 2000 MX-5, that I bought new, as a retirement gift to
myself brand new (June 2000), then taking a road trip with my Wife to
the Grand Canyon the next month. Only has a little over 32,000 miles on
it. Being retired, all three of our cars get less than 3,000mi/yr.

Just a few trips to the beach, beach bumming several times per yr.
during the nice weather here in N.Cal.

Being how my Dad gave up driving at the age of 80, and I am now 59, I
doubt that I'll need another car :-):

94 Chevy S110 P/U>>>49,000mi

97 Chevy Monte Carlo>>>near 46,700

Then the Miata>>>a little more than 32,000

All barely just broken in>LOL

Old November 12th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

I've used to have a '94. Now, I've got a 97M.

Miatas Doin' the Charleston Bunny McElwee Mazda 0 September 1st 07 03:04 PM
Miatas and premium versus regular gas Boris Goldofski Mazda 38 April 28th 05 03:00 PM
New Miatas prewired for Satellite radio? BBB Mazda 2 April 19th 05 12:23 PM
Automatic Miatas gixer Mazda 30 February 23rd 05 04:15 AM
What year did Miatas go to R-134? jackofspeed Mazda 2 October 5th 04 11:12 PM