What doee one call this?

Old October 20th 14, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default What doee one call this?

On Sunday, October 19, 2014 7:59:50 PM UTC-5, Steve W. wrote:
> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>
> > On 10/19/2014 6:40 PM, Steve W. wrote:

> >> I have two of the HF vinyl covered foam "mechanics pads". They are one

> >> of the best items I've ever bought from any tool outfit.

> >> http://www.harborfreight.com/folding...pad-93896.html

> >> I have one with a headrest and an earlier one without. Both are REAL

> >> handy items.

> > Closest to that in my kit is a carpet sample for

> > five bucks (coffee money) from a carpet place.

> > That does look useful, though. Thanks for the

> > link.

> It is one of those "Why wasn't this on a tool truck years ago" items.
>
> Easy to wipe clean, doesn't absorb anything that I've found yet. I've
>
> used it on gravel, concrete, out in Vince's yard and more and no damage
>
> at all.
>

> --
>
> Steve W.

I once cut a hole in one (corrugated plastic sign) to fit around the brim of my hat to use as an extra wide 'umbrella'. It worked like a charm.
Old October 21st 14, 02:56 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky

:

>> What do you call the material that all those signs strapped to
>> tellephone poles and on wires stuck in the ground are made of? By
>> people who have no respect for public property. They start off as
>> white, two layers with parallel "ribs" of the same material between the
>> two outer layers every eighth of an inch. Do you know what I mean?

>Generically, it's called "corrugated plastic", and is usually made of
>polypropylene.
>
>It comes in sizes that refer to the overall thickness, expressed in Metric.
>The most common size is 4mm.
>
>"Coroplast" is one just brand. More he
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrugated_plastic

Two more good uses for corrugated plastic:

2) When digging a hole, put the dirt on the plastic so it doesn't make a
mess. Later, you can pick up the plastic from the sides and carry all
the dirt at one time.

2) As a pattern for making a replacement rear window for my
convertible.

I was going to just make a paper pattern and transfer the pattern to the
Lexan, but halfway through I realized the pattern has to be verified**,
so I used duck tape to tape two of my biggest pieces of coroplast
togeher side by side, and transferred the paper pattern to the
coroplast, which was stiff enough to insert where the window goes. I
made it bigger than needed on purpose, but it's still been a challenge
trimming it down. All the sides are curved to some extent, and the
upper corners even more so.

Also, the "glass", the plastic, has to be small enough top to bottom to
fit in the well behind the back seat. I couldn't check that properly
with a paper pattern.

And it should only be as wide as the glass that broke was. Again,
paper wouldn't do a good job.

I'm still trimming the coroplast and I havent' started cutting the
Lexan. I hope it fits.

**Because onc

Last call FolkGT Simulators 0 October 26th 12 06:03 PM
to call or not to call not much of anyone Driving 10 July 17th 08 04:05 AM
O.T. $10,000 call FrankW Jeep 2 February 28th 08 11:56 AM
What do you call... Scott H VW air cooled 3 May 21st 05 03:29 PM
A call to pen James Hilins Jeep 0 February 16th 05 12:20 PM