Anyone have a TDI for sale?

Old March 31st 05, 08:19 PM

Hmm. Guess I dont' know then. I can buy off-road diesel for ~$1.80
right now. Gasoline is ~$1.92. Neither of these take into account
discounts available for buying larger quantites or cash payments. I'm
in Minnesota, which according to your chart has the same tax rate for
both fuels. Wisconsin, however, seems to have a pretty big
differential.

The people that are buying off-road fuel are generally buying diesel so
it may be a supply/demand issue. I use diesel about 10:1 for my
off-road applications. All I have that burns gasoline is the lawnmower
and my bean sprayer. Everything else(tractor, combine, etc) burn
diesel.

JW

Old March 31st 05, 08:27 PM
Papa

Yes, but the majority of the fuel burning public are not involved in
off-road fuel purchases. Most of us are stuck with the prices we must pay at
the neighborhood gas station, and purchase very little, if any, fuel for
off-road use.

oups.com...

Old April 1st 05, 12:36 PM
Papa

Normal seasonal price fluctuations is no longer a valid argument. The recent
huge increase in the price of fuel - both diesel and gasoline - is the
direct result of pure, unmitigated greed. Simply put, the public is being
gouged like never before.

Old April 1st 05, 05:18 PM
Matt B.

"Papa" > wrote in message
k.net...
>Normal seasonal price fluctuations is no longer a valid argument. The
>recent huge increase in the price of fuel - both diesel and gasoline - is
>the direct result of pure, unmitigated greed. Simply put, the public is
>being gouged like never before.

agreed. just had a news story on TV about the price of oil going up but
California, for example, gets little of it's fuel from OPEC yet our prices
are sky high too.