LR Defender in the US of A

Old July 10th 14, 07:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default LR Defender in the US of A

what was the last year Land Rover Defender
imported into the States?
Aside from the competition from Jeep
what where the other factors for it to sell poorly?
(I see hardly any in the secondary market so I assume it was/is a rare vehicle)

I don't think I ever saw a 5 or even a 3 door model while living for over a decade in norcal.

Hmm, looking at the US section on wiki:
Do you have to have a ****load of airbags if you import a vehicle that you have
no intention of using on public roads?

I've got to assume some of these are still swimming on private ranches somewhere...
Old July 12th 14, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Jeep. I own a 1948 Willys Jeep.
Old July 16th 14, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 13:01:29 -0700, JR wrote:

> Jeep. I own a 1948 Willys Jeep.

cuhulin,
I thought you drove a model T!
Old July 19th 14, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:50:06 PM UTC+8, Kevin Bottorff wrote:

> aside from there lousy reliabity record, high repair cost, and very limited
>
> source of parts, and high cost to buy. probably no reason they weren`t
>
> popular. Save yourself the headach and get something built on this side of
>
> the pond. KB

Or get a Toyota Landcruiser.
Old July 19th 14, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Ford Bronco, International Scout, Dodge 4x4. There is a dealership in town that sells Land Rovers, but I never see anybody driving them.
Old October 19th 14, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 9:36:18 AM UTC-5, JR wrote:
> Ford Bronco, International Scout, Dodge 4x4. There is a dealership in town that sells Land Rovers, but I never see anybody driving them.

Google,,, Willys Builds The Worlds Most Versatile Motor Vehicle (I own one, a 1948 Willys Jeep) The First original Land Rover was built from Jeep parts. I reckon the Jeep parts were OK, but the rest of the vehicle wasen't OK. In fact, it broke in half. Last Wednesday, I saw an old 1960s Land Rover sitting in somebody's driveway, in Richland, Mississippi. It probally hasen't been driven in years.