Logitech MOMO (RED) replacement Table Clamp

Old December 16th 04, 06:44 AM

Default Logitech MOMO (RED) replacement Table Clamp

This post is done under the advisement of a member of the Wingman
Bulletin Board.

Dear Sir/Maam,
I am writing this because Logitech support cannot apparently help me. I
have the logitech MOMO FF (RED) FF wheel. Last week a small person in
the household decided to use the wheel to drive the car while daddy was
away and effectively used the wheel as a pullup bar causing the table
clamp part to crack and break off. This is the part that attaches to
the bottom of the wheel with four small metal screws and would be
removed if you were using the wheel in the lap mode. Does anyone know
where I can get this part? Logitech doesnt stock them and I am
stationed Overseas (Egypt) so it is not easy for me to take it back to
the store I bought it from.

Any Help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your support

Mike C

Old December 16th 04, 01:21 PM
Steve Smith

Logitech has never supplied spare parts. They'll replace a defective unit
under warranty; after that yer on yer own. Yes best bet is to find a Momo
Racing (the one w. the red housing; the one w. the black housing is the Momo
Force...and it's not as good) for sale on eBay. (Or, you might be able to
fabricate an external part, like a clamp.) It's worth the effort - the Momo
Racing was one of the best FF wheels ever made.

oups.com...

Old December 16th 04, 05:05 PM
Mitch_A

The Momo force is Red and the Momo Racing is black.

Ive got an extra Force and would be happy to send you the part except after
I read your description I noticed mine doesnt seem to match. The "C" Clamp
is held onto the wheel by two screws. Do you by chance have a Momo Racing
(black)?

Mitch

Old December 16th 04, 06:12 PM
John DiFool

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:05:37 GMT, "Mitch_A" >
wrote:

>The Momo force is Red and the Momo Racing is black.
>
>Ive got an extra Force and would be happy to send you the part except after
>I read your description I noticed mine doesnt seem to match. The "C" Clamp
>is held onto the wheel by two screws. Do you by chance have a Momo Racing
>(black)?
>
>Mitch

Well, misery loves company-I was just blasting around the IOM in my
330, when the left clamp on my Red Momo lost the ability to stay
tightened: if I try to retighten it it keeps "slipping", like the
screwthreads won't engage or something. Since I'm not what
you would call "mechanically apt", any ideas as to how to remedy?

[In case there is more than one model, mine has two inch-wide
thumbwheels which tighten the clamps onto the desk-the clamps
hinge in conjunction with two small black screws which hold them-
the clamps-in place]

I guess I can break out my drill and use that through-the-desk
clamp that came with the wheel...

John DiFool

Old December 16th 04, 06:32 PM
Mitch_A

That option is better if you dont mind a hole on your desk. I use the
single screw mount option but my wheel is mounted on a piece if ply
1/2"X12X40 and rests between a couple of old end tables while I sit
comfortably in my lazyboy sandwiched into a semi cockpit. This is why I
have extra C clamps.

I havent actually taken them off yet but I believe the clamp/screw shaft are
all mounted together and I cannot totally unscrew the thumbscrew to remove
it. It hits a stop of some sort.

Same offer applies John as Ive got 6 unused.

Mitch

Old December 17th 04, 01:22 AM
Steve Smith

The one w. the red housing has THREE screws - a center one in back that
isn't strictly neccessary. Are we on the same page yet?

. com...

Old December 17th 04, 08:50 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:12:01 GMT, John DiFool
> wrote something like:
>I guess I can break out my drill and use that through-the-desk
>clamp that came with the wheel...

I've been using this option since day two. I first tried the wheel
without it, but those clamps didn't really impress me... and the if I
ever remove the wheel (about once a year so fa the hole in the desk
is nicely covered with the keyboard

I'm not sure if the bolt can hold the wheel in place by itself without
the clamps though...
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old December 17th 04, 06:51 PM
Jan Verschueren

> This post is done under the advisement of a member
> of the Wingman Bulletin Board.
> <snip>
> Any Help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thank you for your support

If I'm unable to get my own unit fixed, you can have the clamps off of mine.

Steering shaft busted on mine: it has sheared in half where the positive
stop ring is (good thing this didn't happen in a league race or at the
ESCORS LAN last weekend, that would have really sucked). Superglue not
strong enough to mend this torsional break, as the halves don't fit together
properly anymore... trying plastic putty next, but I'm not hopefull.

Have begged Logitech to send me the part off a warranty unit at my expense,
but not much hope there either.

Jan.
=---

Old December 18th 04, 08:53 AM
Mike C

Upon further education from the group it has been determined that this
wheel is a Logitech MOMO Racing Force P/N 863203-1000.
I made the determination of the color by the band in the center of the
steering wheel.

Should I repost the original request with this new information.
Thanks for your help and support.

Mike C

Old December 18th 04, 09:05 AM
Mike C

Upon further education from the group it has been determined that this
wheel is a Logitech MOMO Racing Force P/N 863203-1000. So I Guess it is
BLACK