Nitrous for a 2004 V6

Old April 1st 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Nitrous for a 2004 V6

What units are easier to install, a wet or dry?

What units are recommended?

Thanks,
Nick

Old April 1st 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Nick Apuzzo wrote:
> What units are easier to install, a wet or dry?
>
> What units are recommended?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Dry for sure, but that is beside the point. If you go beyond a
certain point of amount of nitrous injected, then you have to run a wet
kit or run the risk of running lean. I somewhat doubt that you would
want to run so much nitrous on a stock V6 block that you need a wet kit,
it could be, shall we say, devastating.

--
PMPO is a complete fantasy "spec" that has absolutely
NO physically justifiable meaning. The claim is just

Old April 3rd 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Sounds really great John. What brand/Unit is it? Thanks, Nick

Old April 3rd 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I'm running the Zex kit... it's labeled as for the GT but works
perfectly in the V6...

Old April 3rd 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

John S. wrote:
> My understanding is that for returnless fuel system like in the OP
> car, that a wet kit would be better? Less chance of run lean?
>
> I think the key, regardless of which way you go is to get the car on
> the dyno and double check the A/F... and to start with a smaller
> shot... learn to walk before your run! LOL!
>
> BTW.. the new V6 loves the juice! LOL! We just moved up to the 125HP
> shot... Only got only 2 passes at the track with it this weekend...
> track was rather slippery... but the motor ran strong! LOL! With the
> 125 shot the number are 286RWHP/446RWTQ....

The problem *I* always had with the average wet kit is the injection
of fuel into the upper intake plenum where it does not belong.

Old April 4th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

WindsorFox wrote:
> John S. wrote:
> > My understanding is that for returnless fuel system like in the OP
> > car, that a wet kit would be better? Less chance of run lean?
> >
> > I think the key, regardless of which way you go is to get the car on
> > the dyno and double check the A/F... and to start with a smaller
> > shot... learn to walk before your run! LOL!
> >
> > BTW.. the new V6 loves the juice! LOL! We just moved up to the 125HP
> > shot... Only got only 2 passes at the track with it this weekend...
> > track was rather slippery... but the motor ran strong! LOL! With the
> > 125 shot the number are 286RWHP/446RWTQ....
> >

> The problem *I* always had with the average wet kit is the injection
> of fuel into the upper intake plenum where it does not belong.
>
> --
> PMPO is a complete fantasy "spec" that has absolutely
> NO physically justifiable meaning. The claim is just
> outright dishonest, and the company knows it. - Dick Pierce

Yep, I undestand that... I've seen all the videos of guy experiencing
the dreaded Nitrous Backfire Syndrome.... I watch them very closely...
Typical thing I notice is:

1) They are manual trannys. I have an automatic which in general I
believe is safer. On a manual you run the risk of bogging the motor
(good reason to put in a window switch!) You can't bog an automatic.

2) Perhaps not WOT. The 05+ are of course fly by wire. My Zex kit has
an electronic TPS switch that hooks to the cars TPS... So I know I only
spray at WOT... (which BTW is at 82% of the pedal travel... ??? LOL)

So while my stomach turns watching those backfires.... I do feel pretty
confident in my setup... So far so good! Knock on wood!

Old April 5th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"John S." > wrote
>You can't bog an automatic.

Wrong. Try a big motor with lotsa torque and a low RPM stall. Those bog
horribly unless you have the idle turned WAY up. I know 'cuz I have that
problem currently. 400 CID stroker Windsor with a stock 1000 rpm stall and
3.70's in the rear. This thing SUCKS when it's cold out or if I haven't
worked out my right leg lately to try and hold down the break pedal at
stoplights. I need at LEAST a 2000 rpm stall.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302

Old April 5th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Blue Mesteno wrote:
> "John S." > wrote
> >You can't bog an automatic.

> Wrong. Try a big motor with lotsa torque and a low RPM stall. Those bog
> horribly unless you have the idle turned WAY up. I know 'cuz I have that
> problem currently. 400 CID stroker Windsor with a stock 1000 rpm stall and
> 3.70's in the rear. This thing SUCKS when it's cold out or if I haven't
> worked out my right leg lately to try and hold down the break pedal at
> stoplights. I need at LEAST a 2000 rpm stall.
> --
> Scott W.
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

I stand corrected! Let me rephrase... I can't bog MY car... LOL!

1000 RPM stall??? wow..

Actually that's next on my list... custom converter..

Old April 5th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"John S." > wrote
> I stand corrected! Let me rephrase... I can't bog MY car... LOL!
>
> 1000 RPM stall??? wow..

Bone stock FMX. It's right around 1000 rpm stall. My next move is to put in
a 2-2.5k stall with a shift kit and all new seals.