Google News rocks

Old October 27th 05, 02:16 AM
dwight

Default Google News rocks

So I customized my Google News page, to find any articles with keywords FORD
MUSTANG.

Lately, I've been reading about the three guys out 'round Fort Collins who
took a 1993 Mustang into the trees at 100mph+. It is suspected that the
accident may have had something to do with beer... Described as "horrific".

But what I really like are the reviews from over in the U.K. about the new
Mustang.

Here's a guy
(http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...794313,00.html) who goes
out of his way to pan American cars in general and the new Mustang in
particular. But the bottom line is about what you'd expect.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html
struggles to pick the best cars of all time, and, even though it's a "Yank
tank", the Mustang has to be considered. Especially THIS Mustang...

The Brits are such automotive snobs, yet they grudgingly admit that the
Mustang, as an icon, is pretty near perfect for what it is...

"There was plenty of power to move the Mustang to illegal speeds very
quickly. And the roar from the V8 made all the teenage home hot rod builders
with their Japanese minicars that make noises like angry bees green with
envy. This was a real roar."
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...24/146300.html writes this line,
and it makes me wonder what this guy is used to driving.

I live with that "roar", and the reaction from other drivers runs to two
general directions: they either back off or they get all excited and want to
"race". But I believe that the "teenage home hot rod builders" don't care.
In their minds, their "Japanese minicars" are way faster than my old
Mustang, regardless of sound.

Google News. Damn, I gotta buy stock in that company...

dwight

Old October 27th 05, 04:09 AM
Spike

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:16:18 -0400, "dwight" >
wrote:

>So I customized my Google News page, to find any articles with keywords FORD
>MUSTANG.
>
>Lately, I've been reading about the three guys out 'round Fort Collins who
>took a 1993 Mustang into the trees at 100mph+. It is suspected that the
>accident may have had something to do with beer... Described as "horrific".

1971, near Tacoma, 2 cops returning from a party left a curve on I-5
in the driver's 67 Cpe... 300 feet before shearing off the first
tree...then a second... they stopped at the third. WSP couldn't even
ID what kind of car until the ran a plate. Body ID was by dental and
prints. Closed casket. Estimated speed around 130. We lost two of the
greatest of our unit to one beer to many. Even cops screw up.
--
Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old October 27th 05, 01:16 PM
Backyard Mechanic

"dwight" > wrote

> Google News. Damn, I gotta buy stock in that company...

Shouldnt we all have !!!!

Second dumbest non-move I ever did was to pass up on that because it was up
20 from the IPO.