Am I insane?

Old March 25th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent P[_1_]

Default Am I insane?

In article >, Nate Nagel wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, Nate Nagel wrote:
>>
>>>I need a pickup. I've narrowed it down to two choices, both Fords.

>> Just going through chicago CL listings looking to see what interesting
>> and odd things are out there when two reminded me of this thread.
>>
>> Now here's a project:
>> http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/car/298405340.html

> Now that's what I'm talking about! I could do without the crew cab (or
> the rust) but that's my idea of a proper beater truck. Plus my dad has
> a complete Scout II that has been "retired" for a decade or so due to
> rust but still runs great.
>
>> http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wholesal...60762393454487
>>
>> Then there also was this:
>> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/298940456.html

> A little pricey, but that sure is cute.

Another one that fits your requirements but probably asking more than you
want to spend....

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/300068452.html

Just for giggles I searched DC CL for "1972" and got this match:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...300067500.html
1972 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE CAMPER SPECIAL CLASSIC TRUCK - $2500

And this:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...296774349.html
1972 GMC Pick Up 2500 Series - $2000

Switched to "1973"

got this:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...299349541.html
1973 Ford Bronco Sport - $2500
looks a bit rusty though...

"1974" yielded:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...299753020.html

"1971" got:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...297786323.html
A ford F-100 with a nice body but doesn't run.

And lastly:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...296312189.html
1970 Chevy Truck Project Truck - $1200

Old March 25th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Nate Nagel wrote:
>
>>Brent P wrote:

>>>Just going through chicago CL listings looking to see what interesting
>>>and odd things are out there when two reminded me of this thread.
>>>
>>>Now here's a project:
>>>http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/car/298405340.html

>>Now that's what I'm talking about! I could do without the crew cab (or
>>the rust) but that's my idea of a proper beater truck. Plus my dad has
>>a complete Scout II that has been "retired" for a decade or so due to
>>rust but still runs great.
>>

>>>http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wholesal...60762393454487
>>>
>>>Then there also was this:
>>>http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/298940456.html

>>A little pricey, but that sure is cute.

> Another one that fits your requirements but probably asking more than you
> want to spend....
>
> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/300068452.html
>
> Just for giggles I searched DC CL for "1972" and got this match:
>
> http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...300067500.html
> 1972 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE CAMPER SPECIAL CLASSIC TRUCK - $2500
>
> And this:
>
> http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...296774349.html
> 1972 GMC Pick Up 2500 Series - $2000
>
> Switched to "1973"
>
> got this:
> http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...299349541.html
> 1973 Ford Bronco Sport - $2500
> looks a bit rusty though...
>
> "1974" yielded:
> http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...299753020.html
>
> "1971" got:
> http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...297786323.html
> A ford F-100 with a nice body but doesn't run.
>
> And lastly:
> http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...296312189.html
> 1970 Chevy Truck Project Truck - $1200

I like the Camper Special... that must be newly listed; I didn't see it
last week. Clinton is a bit of a hike, though, but it is a 3/4 ton...
(i.e. "real truck") that body style is my favorite to look at of all
the Chevys, I didn't like the 73-up nearly as well.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old March 28th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Harry Smith

Saw this and thought of you poor guys up North with no good rust-free
trucks.

http://www.durhamauctions.com/april1...soncounty.html

I've bought two cars through this auction company and have had great
experiences.

Peace,
Harry

Old March 28th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Harry Smith wrote:
> Saw this and thought of you poor guys up North with no good rust-free
> trucks.
>
> http://www.durhamauctions.com/april1...soncounty.html
>
> I've bought two cars through this auction company and have had great
> experiences.
>
> Peace,
> Harry

yeah, rub it in