starter for 2001 honda civic

Old December 29th 05, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default starter for 2001 honda civic

The other day when I tried to start my civic it didn't start for a few
minutes, and when I came back to it and tried to start it did but I had
to push the key hard to the right. Then it worked ok until I left it
parked for a few days and now it wont start. I was wondering if thats
something to do with a spark plug or its the whole starter or
something, and what I can do with that.

Old December 29th 05, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

dani wrote:
> The other day when I tried to start my civic it didn't start for a few
> minutes, and when I came back to it and tried to start it did but I had
> to push the key hard to the right. Then it worked ok until I left it
> parked for a few days and now it wont start. I was wondering if thats
> something to do with a spark plug or its the whole starter or
> something, and what I can do with that.

When you say it didn't start, you mean nothing happened at all? In
other words, the starter wasn't turning over at all?
What do you mean by pushing the key hard? Are you saying that nothing
happened until you did something special to your key?

In case of doing something special to the key, it might be your
ignition key.

Go to www.tegger.com. It has a "no start" condition page. See if you
can describe better as to what your car is/isn't doing. Post your
findings here. With more info, someone here will be able to help you
determine what's going on.

Remco