Left lane blocking illegal in Wyoming effective July 1

Old March 12th 05, 08:01 PM
John F. Carr

Default Left lane blocking illegal in Wyoming effective July 1

Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming:
"No person shall operate a vehicle in the extreme
left-hand lane of a controlled-access highway for
a prolonged period in a manner which impedes the
flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate
of speed."

The "slower traffic keep right" law, which does not
reference the speed limit, remains in effect.

<http://www.jhzone.com/viewinfo.cfm?ObjectID=F56F8BCF-5F3A-4A15-9DD1AB53F33973A9>
<http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2005/enroll/SF0156.pdf>

--
John Carr )
Old March 12th 05, 08:32 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, John F. Carr wrote:

> Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming: "No person
> shall operate a vehicle in the extreme left-hand lane of a
> controlled-access highway for a prolonged period in a manner which
> impedes the flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate of speed."

....which gives a free pass to the "I'm driving the speed limit,
therefore I can stay in the left lane if I please" types.

> The "slower traffic keep right" law, which does not reference the speed
> limit, remains in effect.

Well, that helps.
Old March 12th 05, 10:21 PM
John David Galt

John F. Carr wrote:
> Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming:
> "No person shall operate a vehicle in the extreme
> left-hand lane of a controlled-access highway for
> a prolonged period in a manner which impedes the
> flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate
> of speed."
>
> The "slower traffic keep right" law, which does not
> reference the speed limit, remains in effect.

That's worse than no change at all. Now LLBs can claim the new law
"clarifies" the STKR law and legalizes their behavior.
Old March 13th 05, 01:21 AM
Brent P

In article >, John David Galt wrote:
> John F. Carr wrote:
>> Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming:
>> "No person shall operate a vehicle in the extreme
>> left-hand lane of a controlled-access highway for
>> a prolonged period in a manner which impedes the
>> flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate
>> of speed."
>>
>> The "slower traffic keep right" law, which does not
>> reference the speed limit, remains in effect.

> That's worse than no change at all. Now LLBs can claim the new law
> "clarifies" the STKR law and legalizes their behavior.

Looks like scott wiser and judy will be moving soon.

Old March 13th 05, 01:43 AM
The Office Jet

How exactly are they going to enforce this?

Old March 13th 05, 02:15 AM
Harry K

John David Galt wrote:
> John F. Carr wrote:
> > Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming:
> > "No person shall operate a vehicle in the extreme
> > left-hand lane of a controlled-access highway for
> > a prolonged period in a manner which impedes the
> > flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate
> > of speed."
> >
> > The "slower traffic keep right" law, which does not
> > reference the speed limit, remains in effect.

> That's worse than no change at all. Now LLBs can claim the new law
> "clarifies" the STKR law and legalizes their behavior.

Yep, rapid progress in a retrograde direction.

Harry K

Old March 13th 05, 02:54 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

John F. Carr wrote:
> Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming:
> "No person shall operate a vehicle in the extreme
> left-hand lane of a controlled-access highway for
> a prolonged period in a manner which impedes the
> flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate
> of speed."

Lawful rate of speed is the key phrase there. WY says you don't have
to move over for a speeder.

Old March 13th 05, 05:27 PM
The Office Jet

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2005 17:43:00 -0800, "The Office Jet"
> > wrote:
>
> >How exactly are they going to enforce this?

> The same way they enforce a similar new law in Illinois: not at all.

That's what I figured. It doesn't seem like such a law would be
enforced, or make any real difference.

Old March 13th 05, 07:03 PM
Larry Bud

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> John F. Carr wrote:
> > Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming:
> > "No person shall operate a vehicle in the extreme
> > left-hand lane of a controlled-access highway for
> > a prolonged period in a manner which impedes the
> > flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate
> > of speed."
> >

> Lawful rate of speed is the key phrase there.

You're right, which it may be illegal to drive slower than surrounding
traffic. So move your ****ing ass over whore.

Old March 15th 05, 07:40 PM
Bob Lutz

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:01:17 +0000, John F. Carr wrote:

> Effective July 1, this new law goes into effect in Wyoming: "No person
> shall operate a vehicle in the extreme left-hand lane of a
> controlled-access highway for a prolonged period in a manner which impedes
> the flow of other traffic traveling at a lawful rate of speed."

OK, good idea, but when does one ever see two cars on a highway in Wyoming?

One sheep overtaking another, maybe?