legal question about left lane use by malfunctioning auto

Old February 16th 05, 08:52 PM
Richard

Default legal question about left lane use by malfunctioning auto

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:27:59 -0800 Usual Suspect wrote:

> What's the slowest I can legally drive in the left lane? I'm asking
> this
> because the anti-lift wing on my Corolla has been giving me trouble,
> and I
> think it might fall off at 90-100mph. I'd like to drive at 50-60mph
> until I
> can fix it. Is it fast enough?

Absolutely not!
You MUST be travelling a minimum of 20mph over the posted speed in the left
lane.
Specially in California, Texas, New Jersey and Florida.
Otherwise you'll be busted for impeding traffic.

Old February 16th 05, 09:29 PM
John F. Carr

>What's the slowest I can legally drive in the left lane? I'm asking this
>because the anti-lift wing on my Corolla has been giving me trouble, and I
>think it might fall off at 90-100mph. I'd like to drive at 50-60mph until I
>can fix it. Is it fast enough?

Have you tried reverse gear? If the wing lifts off going forward it
should go down in reverse and you can maintain your usual 90-100mph
speed.

--
John Carr )
Old February 17th 05, 01:36 AM
Paul

"John F. Carr" > wrote in message

<Usual Troll's crap sent to a hazardous waste facility>

> Have you tried reverse gear? If the wing lifts off going forward it
> should go down in reverse and you can maintain your usual 90-100mph
> speed.

ROTFL!!

Old February 19th 05, 11:57 PM
Theodore A. Kaldis

Richard wrote:

> Usual Suspect wrote:

>> What's the slowest I can legally drive in the left lane? I'm asking this
>> because the anti-lift wing on my Corolla has been giving me trouble, and I
>> think it might fall off at 90-100mph. I'd like to drive at 50-60mph until
>> I can fix it. Is it fast enough?

> Absolutely not!

> You MUST be travelling a minimum of 20mph over the posted speed in the left
> lane.

> Specially in California, Texas, New Jersey and Florida.

> Otherwise you'll be busted for impeding traffic.

You forgot Illinois. In fact, it's the LAW in Illinois.
--
Theodore A. Kaldis

Old February 20th 05, 03:54 PM
Kent Wills

For reasons I don't want to explore, on Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:57:24
-0800, "Theodore A. Kaldis" > wrote:

>Richard wrote:
>
>> Usual Suspect wrote:

>>> What's the slowest I can legally drive in the left lane? I'm asking this
>>> because the anti-lift wing on my Corolla has been giving me trouble, and I
>>> think it might fall off at 90-100mph. I'd like to drive at 50-60mph until
>>> I can fix it. Is it fast enough?

>> Absolutely not!

>> You MUST be travelling a minimum of 20mph over the posted speed in the left
>> lane.

>> Specially in California, Texas, New Jersey and Florida.

>> Otherwise you'll be busted for impeding traffic.

>You forgot Illinois. In fact, it's the LAW in Illinois.

Liar. I checked and there is no such law in Illinois.

Kent
--
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.