98 Dodge Grand Caravan

Old October 11th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

Default 98 Dodge Grand Caravan

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:17:03 -0500, Steve > wrote:

>Apparently so. Its gotten to the point that I can hardly understand some
> newsgroup posts these days. Its a silly text-messaging
>devote-half-a-brain-to-it mentality that can't take the time to be
>precise, and then gets all bent out of shape when you can't answer the
>ill-constructed and impenetrable questions. <snip>

This goes beyond text messaging. For about 15 years or so, even
before the era of "txting," I've seen the previously mentioned
mistakes more and more, especially from certain areas of the country.
"Sell" instead of "sale" is now very prevalent in the deep South, as
is "set" for sat or even the present tense "sit" which have been
around for a long, long time. However, "your" for you're is becoming
almost universal, especially if the author has a high school education
or less.

Another common gaffe with these people: I'mproper use of
contractions, such as "Rage'n" for "raging" and others. There's
actually a line of pricey motorhomes how with "Race'n" plastered all
over the back. Incredible! People who spell/misuse like this should
have NO comment about other such weaknesses as "ebonics." Both are
equally bad.
Old October 11th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Charlie Deludo

DeserTBoB wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:17:03 -0500, Steve > wrote:
>
> >Apparently so. Its gotten to the point that I can hardly understand some
> > newsgroup posts these days. Its a silly text-messaging
> >devote-half-a-brain-to-it mentality that can't take the time to be
> >precise, and then gets all bent out of shape when you can't answer the
> >ill-constructed and impenetrable questions. <snip>

> This goes beyond text messaging. For about 15 years or so, even
> before the era of "txting," I've seen the previously mentioned
> mistakes more and more, especially from certain areas of the country.
> "Sell" instead of "sale" is now very prevalent in the deep South, as
> is "set" for sat or even the present tense "sit" which have been
> around for a long, long time. However, "your" for you're is becoming
> almost universal, especially if the author has a high school education
> or less.
>
> Another common gaffe with these people: I'mproper use of
> contractions, such as "Rage'n" for "raging" and others. There's
> actually a line of pricey motorhomes how with "Race'n" plastered all
> over the back. Incredible! People who spell/misuse like this should
> have NO comment about other such weaknesses as "ebonics." Both are
> equally bad.

Let's not forget the Charlie Nudo classics, "dildow" and "hearsay".

Old October 11th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 10 Oct 2006 19:38:25 -0700, "Charlie Deludo"
> wrote:

>Let's not forget the Charlie Nudo classics, "dildow" and "hearsay". <snip>

"Heresay". Let's not forget his latest, making a whole new verb:
"dildowing: v. The act of Charlie Nudo using a dildow."

Dodge Dealer Boycott [email protected] Dodge 11 May 21st 06 07:12 AM
Dodge pictures R. de Jong Dodge 2 January 13th 06 03:29 AM
Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 01:18 PM
Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM
1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE AC/Heater Blower, Relay and Resistor Block Problems 101 HeadlessHorseman Dodge 0 January 5th 05 02:49 PM