Why no TV commercials for Chrysler 300?

Old May 17th 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Why no TV commercials for Chrysler 300?

I'll I've been seeing since the super bowl are the same TV commercials
for the "200" (formerly known as Sebring).

Where the hell is the new re-designed 300?

Anyone seeing any advertizing for it?

Does it even exist? Do any dealers have it?
Old May 18th 11, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cavedweller

On May 17, 12:01*am, MoPar Man > wrote:
> I'll I've been seeing since the super bowl are the same TV commercials
> for the "200" (formerly known as Sebring).
>
> Where the hell is the new re-designed 300?
>
> Anyone seeing any advertizing for it?
>
> Does it even exist? *Do any dealers have it?

Saw a commercial for the 300C on Fox News this morning but it may have
been a drop-in on satellite from the Canadian satellite provider.
Gotta see it again to be sure. In any event, it kind of stretches the
"Imported from Detroit" theme just a little.
Old May 19th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cavedweller

On May 18, 4:36*pm, CopperTop > wrote:
> cavedweller > wrote in news:c20009cc-1e0c-483f-
> :
>

> > On May 17, 12:01*am, MoPar Man > wrote:
> >> I'll I've been seeing since the super bowl are the same TV

> commercials
> >> for the "200" (formerly known as Sebring).

> >> Where the hell is the new re-designed 300?

> >> Anyone seeing any advertizing for it?

> >> Does it even exist? *Do any dealers have it?

> > Saw a commercial for the 300C on Fox News this morning but it may have
> > been a drop-in on satellite from the Canadian satellite provider.
> > Gotta see it again to be sure. *In any event, it kind of stretches the
> > "Imported from Detroit" theme just a little.

> Have seen a new 300 commercial for a couple weeks now, some clothing
> designer in NYC is driving it and it does continue the "Imported from
> Detroit" theme.

That's the stretch...imported from just outside Toronto. The 200 at
least comes from Sterling Heights.
Old May 20th 11, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
tC

I have seen commercials lately say the 300 is back.
Old May 20th 11, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
CopperTop[_19_]

>> Have seen a new 300 commercial for a couple weeks now, some clothing
>> designer in NYC is driving it and it does continue the "Imported from
>> Detroit" theme.

> That's the stretch...imported from just outside Toronto. The 200 at
> least comes from Sterling Heights.

Go figure....my 2 daughters Nissans were made here in the states. My 2
Chevys were made in Canada and My PT Cruiser in Mexico. My wife's
Infiniti was the only thing made in the country it's from.
Old May 20th 11, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rob[_22_]

i worked on a Canadian Lexus today too

news

Old May 21st 11, 11:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DAS[_2_]

Nothing to 'go figure'. It's the international economy where 'origin' is of
little import.

What really matters is
- Is it good/do you like it?
- Does it do the job?
- Can you get it serviced?
- Who gives a monkey's about the rest?

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
news

Old May 21st 11, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Rob improperly top-poasted and full-quoted:

> i worked on a Canadian Lexus today too

Lexus has four factories operating in Japan and one in Cambridge,
Ontario. Lexus began building vehicles in Japan in 1989. Its Canada
plant opened in September 2003. The RX sport utility vehicle, Lexus'
best-selling SUV, is assembled in Canada. All its other vehicles are
made in Japan.

As of 2008, there are differing reports that say that only the RX 350
model is made / assembled in Canada. More recent information says that
only the ES350, RX350/450h are made in Canada.

I don't know if any of these various 350/450 model are only built in
Canada (for the entire north-american market) or if some of these exact
same models are also built in Japan (and possibly exported to other
destinations in the US/Canada). I also don't know if any of the
Canadian-built 350/450 models are exported to destinations outside of
north america.
Old May 21st 11, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

cavedweller wrote:

> > Have seen a new 300 commercial for a couple weeks now...
> > and it does continue the "Imported from Detroit" theme.

> That's the stretch...imported from just outside Toronto.

When you think about it, any 300's that are trailered or brough in by
rail from Ontario into the US will make their first entry into the US in
Detroit (or at least Chrysler could claim that their import paperwork
was handled in Detroit).

So the phrase "Imported from Detroit" could actually be technically
correct.