The Sloths are Taking Over

Old January 22nd 05, 04:43 AM
Brent P

Default The Sloths are Taking Over

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> the roads were wide open
> (except for a few arrogant pedalcyclists, who undoubtedly used these
> roads for the same reason I was).

> Things have changed drastically. Now large sections of former farmland
> are being developed into housing, and the roads are jam-packed with
> Sloth who drive a maximum of 45 MPH on these 65 MPH roads - and, of
> course, there is a 1/4 mile long conga line of vehicles stuck behind
> these assholes.

Proof that a few ordinary sloth drivers are worse than any bicyclist could
be even if he was trying.

Old January 22nd 05, 09:35 AM
Guy Macon

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>I changed jobs recently, and the best route to my new office takes me
>over several streets (Irvine Boulevard, Portola Parkway) that I used
>to drive regularly to work back in 1999. At that time, these were
>essentially rural roads with very little traffic and 65 MPH speed
>limits. Even as recently as 2 years ago I used to take little pleasure
>drives through this area after work because the roads were wide open
>(except for a few arrogant pedalcyclists, who undoubtedly used these
>roads for the same reason I was).
>
>Things have changed drastically. Now large sections of former farmland
>are being developed into housing, and the roads are jam-packed with
>Sloth who drive a maximum of 45 MPH on these 65 MPH roads - and, of
>course, there is a 1/4 mile long conga line of vehicles stuck behind
>these assholes.

Blame the city planners. When I saw those roads get built,
I knew that there would be this problem. I live in NORTH
Orange county, which has (with a few exceptions in small
areas that were built in the Model T era) a proper grid of
straight and wide streets. When Portola Parkway is a parking
lot, Orangethorpe and Knott are free-flowing. Just look at a
map and you will see why: Buena Park has a wide N_S and E_W
street every mile or so. Irvine has a huge area feeding
a mass of cars into each street, and not enough streets to
handle the load.

As for sloths, who cares when there are three lanes going each
way, with a fourth left-turn lane and a fifth right turn lane
at every intersection? Just drive around any sloth you see, and
watch as the speeders pass you, all with no conflict *by design*.

Old January 22nd 05, 10:43 PM
Brent P

In article >, Guy Macon wrote:

> As for sloths, who cares when there are three lanes going each
> way, with a fourth left-turn lane and a fifth right turn lane
> at every intersection? Just drive around any sloth you see, and
> watch as the speeders pass you, all with no conflict *by design*.

Extra lanes only minimally reduce the effect of sloth because sloth
drivers have a nasty habbit of driving next to each other instead of
keeping right. There wouldn't be a problem if they kept right.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:32 AM
Guy Macon

Brent P wrote:

>In article >, Guy Macon wrote:
>
>> As for sloths, who cares when there are three lanes going each
>> way, with a fourth left-turn lane and a fifth right turn lane
>> at every intersection? Just drive around any sloth you see, and
>> watch as the speeders pass you, all with no conflict *by design*.

>Extra lanes only minimally reduce the effect of sloth because sloth
>drivers have a nasty habbit of driving next to each other instead of
>keeping right. There wouldn't be a problem if they kept right.

Extra lanes have a huge effect. It's a lot harder to get three
slow drivers across than it is to get two. And of course in areas
of the country that have two-lane roads with no passing, it only
takes one.

Old January 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
Brent P

In article >, Guy Macon wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>>
>>In article >, Guy Macon wrote:
>>
>>> As for sloths, who cares when there are three lanes going each
>>> way, with a fourth left-turn lane and a fifth right turn lane
>>> at every intersection? Just drive around any sloth you see, and
>>> watch as the speeders pass you, all with no conflict *by design*.

>>Extra lanes only minimally reduce the effect of sloth because sloth
>>drivers have a nasty habbit of driving next to each other instead of
>>keeping right. There wouldn't be a problem if they kept right.

> Extra lanes have a huge effect. It's a lot harder to get three
> slow drivers across than it is to get two. And of course in areas
> of the country that have two-lane roads with no passing, it only
> takes one.

One would think it would be harder. But it doesn't seem to be anywhere
near as more difficult as one would think.

Really late at night, when there are only 2 or 3 other vehicles on
the same road as I, they will be right next to each other. Sloth attracts
sloth. They have an ability to come together to form a rolling road
block.

Old January 23rd 05, 02:45 AM
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:

> One would think it would be harder. But it doesn't seem to be anywhere
> near as more difficult as one would think.
>
> Really late at night, when there are only 2 or 3 other vehicles on
> the same road as I, they will be right next to each other. Sloth attracts
> sloth. They have an ability to come together to form a rolling road
> block.

I can't say for certain, but it seems that lane discipline is better
when there are only 2 lanes available (per side).
Old January 23rd 05, 02:59 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>>>It is SO great to have 400 HP once again.

URASICKPERVERT. No normal person finds a souped-up car thrilling. You
pedal-philes are psychopaths.

Old January 24th 05, 09:06 PM

You're deluded enough to believe *any* of the following, and you call
*us* psychopaths? Kinda new to this thinking process I see.

--

Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend )'s words of
wisdom (spelling and grammatical errors left intact)

Bush is dictator and that means he has to take the blame for
everything.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d35f67fd7b6003

Has he killed as many people as Laura Bush?
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ff1fca08982a38

You don't know what you're talking about, dood. AIDS is an american
bioweapon developed by americans so that blacks would be esp
susceptible to it.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9d112311697712

She knows it won't matter. Blake is white so the media will insist on a
not guilty verdict.
:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c74805c56a5747

YOu stupid lying ****head. All bush has accomplished in AFG is to make
it the world's leading heroin supplier.
And BTW it wasn't a war. It was a massacre against a defenseless nation
that never did anything to us.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a86842abe0d9d6

She's just damn lucky the press is owned by the GOP and doesn't crucify
her for vehicular manslaughter like they've done to ted kennedy for 35
years.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c630fd8aec9a63

You're crazy. There will be a draft. Bush is gonna stage another 9-11
type event and then say we have no choice but to go to war against
every muslim nation. And democrats will say nothing.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a8ea8427fdf968

I'm saying that bush obviously doesn't want to catch OBL. Not now that
the election is over, anyway.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a00a246987524f

There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11
official story.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...50866dc7ecbadc

You're crazy, dood. Google is a super rw org and they censor liberals.
RW posters here get away with everything while libs have to be choir
boys.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...35950242741f13

That's why so many legal scholars think republicans should be banned
from juries. Anyone who'd vote for a man who lied us into war is too
dumb to sit on a jury.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c8560247663014

Wouldn't have mattered if hitty had one. He took his orders from the
same organization that roosevelt did and bush does today.

:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...58ee450b438b19

You can't even lie any good. No where in the country are cops issued
crown victorias.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

i'm sure jeffrey dahmer also objects to big daddy govt telling him he
can't kill people anymore.

:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...ing.google.com

At first i thought the tars had been slashed but no, the tars were fine
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

I hate cell phone drivers but at least this gal had the sense to drive
slowly while yakking.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

I know what you mean, dood. I did 5 years in the can myself for beating
the crap out of a half-dozen faggot gun loonies i caught raping a
collie and I couldn't handle the food either. Goddam beets with every
meal. Ended up eating nothing but cans of tuna i bought at the commy.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

The issue is the psychopath doing 60 mph OVER THE LIMIT!!!!!!!!. This
guy is a murderer and i want him locked up anyway they can do it. Three
cheers for the cops.

:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com
And let's see if the SPAMbots take the bait:

-> <-

Old January 24th 05, 10:03 PM

You wouldn't know a normal person if one walked up to you and said
"boo." The fact that you can't comprehend the difference between Bill
Janklow, Ted Kennedy, and Laura Welch, or 6 & 60, or 41 & 25 is obvious
proof of your intellectual failure. Here are some more, in case you've
forgotten:

Old January 23rd 05, 08:35 AM
AZGuy

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:03:23 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>I changed jobs recently, and the best route to my new office takes me
>over several streets (Irvine Boulevard, Portola Parkway) that I used
>to drive regularly to work back in 1999. At that time, these were
>essentially rural roads with very little traffic and 65 MPH speed
>limits. Even as recently as 2 years ago I used to take little pleasure
>drives through this area after work because the roads were wide open
>(except for a few arrogant pedalcyclists, who undoubtedly used these
>roads for the same reason I was).
>
>Things have changed drastically. Now large sections of former farmland
>are being developed into housing, and the roads are jam-packed with
>Sloth who drive a maximum of 45 MPH on these 65 MPH roads - and, of
>course, there is a 1/4 mile long conga line of vehicles stuck behind
>these assholes.
>
>So this morning I got fed up, and used a lane which leads to an
>on-ramp to the 133 toll road as a passing lane, and passed about 30 of
>these Sloth morons. I had to cross a solid white line to do it, but it

Why were you worried about crossing a solid white line, assuming you
mean a standard width one (same width as normal skip lines)

>was WELL worth it - I was in the clear doing 65 MPH, while the Sloths
>faded away in my rear view mirror. Of course, a couple of copycats saw
>what I did and pulled the same move, but the majority of the cars were
>stuck behind a wall of Sloth.
>
>It is SO great to have 400 HP once again.

--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789

A FREE iPod is yours for the taking. Like me and Alex from The Screensavers. No, seriously! JAWS Honda 0 December 14th 04 04:20 PM
taking off a door panel ur3001 Honda 1 December 8th 04 04:27 PM
A6 2.7T heater motor sounds like an airplane taking off??? JMurph Audi 8 November 15th 04 11:37 PM
Someone's Taking the Piss SteveH Alfa Romeo 11 July 30th 04 02:36 PM