Is it just me...

Old March 13th 05, 02:59 PM
Graeme Cosgrove

Default Is it just me...

....bright sunny morning, tooling down the dual carriageway at a
respectable 70 mph. Very few cars on the road apart form a eurobox in
the inside lane (Pugeot/Citroen/Rover???) and a gold BMW 316 i
convertible in the outside lane overtaking said eurobox UNTIL he sees a
156 bearing down on him, whereupon he backs off and matches the speed of
the car in the inside lane at about 40mph...no way past so I backed off
and ended up right behind him for a bit. Followed him for a bit until
it was safe to overtake him and then dropped a cog and went around the
outside.

He was shaking and shouting and obviously very upset that he was being
passed...real road rage moment for the Beemer boy.

Anyway it got me thinking...you know how dog owners end up looking like
their dogs? Well, do BMW cars attract the owners, or do the cars turn
the drivers into *******? Do they have to fill out a special form when
you buy one that says "I promise to drive like a ******, cut people up
at every opportunity, and generally act like I am a smug ******* because
I am driving a Bavarian Mobile Wanktank - so help me God" - before they
will let you take it off the forecourt???

Ahh, I think the medication is beginning to work....

Old March 13th 05, 04:01 PM
Hughes.

In article >,
Graeme Cosgrove > wrote:

> ...bright sunny morning, tooling down the dual carriageway at a
> respectable 70 mph. Very few cars on the road apart form a eurobox in
> the inside lane (Pugeot/Citroen/Rover???) and a gold BMW 316 i
> convertible in the outside lane overtaking said eurobox UNTIL he sees a
> 156 bearing down on him, whereupon he backs off and matches the speed of
> the car in the inside lane at about 40mph...no way past so I backed off
> and ended up right behind him for a bit. Followed him for a bit until
> it was safe to overtake him and then dropped a cog and went around the
> outside.
>
> He was shaking and shouting and obviously very upset that he was being
> passed...real road rage moment for the Beemer boy.
>
> Anyway it got me thinking...you know how dog owners end up looking like
> their dogs? Well, do BMW cars attract the owners, or do the cars turn
> the drivers into *******? Do they have to fill out a special form when
> you buy one that says "I promise to drive like a ******, cut people up
> at every opportunity, and generally act like I am a smug ******* because
> I am driving a Bavarian Mobile Wanktank - so help me God" - before they
> will let you take it off the forecourt???
>
> Ahh, I think the medication is beginning to work....

When I bought mine I found a hidden document wallet under the driver's seat,
inside was a certficate, it read, "This Is to Certify That The Owner Of This
Vehicle Now Officially Owns The Road"

While I had the car I used to enjoy the expressions of amazement I got when
letting people out of junctions when I had right of way, indicating to drivers
behind me that it was clear for them to pass and completely failing to tailgate
everything in front of me.

Then I smacked it into a wall and bought a car that didn't leave everyone who
saw me driving assuming I was a total ******.

--
I Amuse (I am Hughes.)
Judge Nutmeg in #Digi

1998 156 2.0 TS Sport
Old March 13th 05, 04:29 PM
simon

The arrogance pack is an option on bmw's I believe

Old March 14th 05, 01:50 AM
Dom

"Graeme Cosgrove" > wrote in message
> ...bright sunny morning, tooling down the dual carriageway at a
> respectable 70 mph. Very few cars on the road apart form a eurobox in
> the inside lane (Pugeot/Citroen/Rover???) and a gold BMW 316 i
> convertible in the outside lane overtaking said eurobox UNTIL he sees a
> 156 bearing down on him,

Its interesting to note that even though you ...do not like... BMW drivers,
you seem to remember so much about his car !!!

Colour,
Engine size
Spec
male driver
Convertible???

I wasn't aware those Munchen sausage makers made a 1.6 convertible!!! please
don;t tell me it's a new one...

Why didn;t you just razz it past him over the middle? Kick up some
dirt/dust/smallish paint chipping stones from the central reservation and be
gone with him?

And what are you doing taking your pride and joy out early on a weekend
morning, let the guy have a lie in man !!! The only time it is justifiable
to let your Alfa stretch his engine throat so early on the weekend is when
your stomach is calling for an Egg-McMuffin (or BLT bagel now!!!) from the
local greasy Golden M before the 10.30am breakfast lockdown...

Domestos

Old March 14th 05, 08:16 AM
Graeme Cosgrove

Dom wrote:
> "Graeme Cosgrove" > wrote in message
>
>>...bright sunny morning, tooling down the dual carriageway at a
>>respectable 70 mph. Very few cars on the road apart form a eurobox in
>>the inside lane (Pugeot/Citroen/Rover???) and a gold BMW 316 i
>>convertible in the outside lane overtaking said eurobox UNTIL he sees a
>>156 bearing down on him,

> Its interesting to note that even though you ...do not like... BMW drivers,
> you seem to remember so much about his car !!!
>
> Colour,
> Engine size
> Spec
> male driver
> Convertible???
>
> I wasn't aware those Munchen sausage makers made a 1.6 convertible!!! please
> don;t tell me it's a new one...
>
> Why didn;t you just razz it past him over the middle? Kick up some
> dirt/dust/smallish paint chipping stones from the central reservation and be
> gone with him?
>
> And what are you doing taking your pride and joy out early on a weekend
> morning, let the guy have a lie in man !!! The only time it is justifiable
> to let your Alfa stretch his engine throat so early on the weekend is when
> your stomach is calling for an Egg-McMuffin (or BLT bagel now!!!) from the
> local greasy Golden M before the 10.30am breakfast lockdown...
>
> Domestos

It was an oldish one. Don't know about you but I tend to try and
concentrate a bit whilst driving, so I occasionally remember what happened.

Dual carriageway with central barrier, so much as I would have liked to
engage hover mode, "razzing it past him over the middle" would have
caused more than stone chips.

Do you drink the Domestos?
Old March 14th 05, 02:41 PM
Chris

When i got my alfa i took sp1 - stereotype pack 1 that is. So now,
even though i've got a young family, I like to cruise the King's Road
at midnight in an open shirt with one hand out of the window holding an
impossibly strong cigarette and the other wedged up my model
girlfriend's miniskirt whilst steering with my knees and adjusting my
alice band.

Old March 14th 05, 06:45 PM
Graeme Cosgrove

Chris wrote:
> When i got my alfa i took sp1 - stereotype pack 1 that is. So now,
> even though i've got a young family, I like to cruise the King's Road
> at midnight in an open shirt with one hand out of the window holding an
> impossibly strong cigarette and the other wedged up my model
> girlfriend's miniskirt whilst steering with my knees and adjusting my
> alice band.

I would have gone for SP1 but after the warranty runs out
you get cancer of the throat from the cigarettes, the shirt no
longer fastens over your beer gut, and the girlfriend turns
into a shapless fat blob with a mustache in a black dress.

Old March 14th 05, 06:56 PM
Jacopo

"Chris" > ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
> When i got my alfa i took sp1 - stereotype pack 1 that is. So now,
> even though i've got a young family, I like to cruise the King's Road
> at midnight in an open shirt with one hand out of the window holding an
> impossibly strong cigarette and the other wedged up my model
> girlfriend's miniskirt whilst steering with my knees and adjusting my
> alice band.

You forget the stereo with techno music at maximum volume =)

Here in Italy it's the same... no matter which car you have, no matter which
engine is in it, you'll always have at your back a **** in a Golf (but can
be a Passat, an Audi or a BMW... exp. the X5 or X3) who wants to overtake
you... =)
--
Jacopo
Prato, Italia

Join the Club!
www.alfasport.net

Old March 14th 05, 07:44 PM
Chris

hahaha
i forgot the cost of the car means you have to live with your mum until
you are 40 too!!

Old March 14th 05, 11:03 PM
Graeme Cosgrove

Chris wrote:
> hahaha
> i forgot the cost of the car means you have to live with your mum until
> you are 40 too!!

The cars are cheap - it's the extra warranty you need to invest in!!!