NR2003 330 Mod

Old October 20th 04, 05:23 AM
Dave Henrie

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in
news

> Ok Dave I need your help. I re-installed NR 2003 all the PWF mods,
> TPTCC, The PP and added personalities. Then I installed 330 and
> created a personality. One thing that puzzles me is what to add in PP
> for sound folders. Am I to type in a path? Also after installing 330
> this time I chose the install option of D3PP sound instead of normal.
> Now 330 uses cup sound, unlike before when the cup sound changed to
> 330. If you can understand all this lend me a hand please? I am merely
> trying to get the 330 sound to work with 330 and the cup sound for
> cup.

I hadn't used this util in awhile so I had to go back to school to get
it all working.
First make sure you have v1.13 of the D3PPlayerPicker(I had an older
version). Then when you first run it, the util should look for all your
sound folders.
Go to settings and make sure the 'use sound folders' box is checked.
the go to the sound tab and add a listing for each sound folder. Sound_330
should get your Ferrari snapping nicely.
When I ran the cup cars I D3PP said I didn't have a proper sound folder
do I want to rename it sound_oem. I said yes and then used the sound tab
again to assign sound_oem to the Cup cars. I tried this with the TPTCC2
mod, 330p mod, and the default Winston CUp cars. It seemed to work fine.
Back last spring he added an option to display player records within D3PP.
I think this intercepted the players.rec file and kept the sim from
updating records...not good if you use the nascarRank site. So I have that
option turned off, I didn't check if the new version fixes that.

The user's guide might have more information
http://www.paddedwall.org/d3pp/

dh
Old October 20th 04, 07:14 AM
Byron Forbes

http://home.exetel.com.au/tlb/LB_Main.html
"Tiny Lund" > wrote in message
> It was a nightmare. LOL I deleted the whole nascar and attempted to
> re-install only to find out a scratch on the disk wouldn't allow it. So I
> got a new copy to solve that problem.

Toothpaste probably would have fixed that scratch - great for DVDs too,
especially hired ones.

Old October 20th 04, 10:59 AM
John Simmons

In article 36>,
says...
> "Tiny Lund" > wrote in
> news >
> I hadn't used this util in awhile so I had to go back to school to get
> it all working.
> First make sure you have v1.13 of the D3PPlayerPicker(I had an older
> version). Then when you first run it, the util should look for all your
> sound folders.
> Go to settings and make sure the 'use sound folders' box is checked.
> the go to the sound tab and add a listing for each sound folder. Sound_330
> should get your Ferrari snapping nicely.
> When I ran the cup cars I D3PP said I didn't have a proper sound folder
> do I want to rename it sound_oem. I said yes and then used the sound tab
> again to assign sound_oem to the Cup cars. I tried this with the TPTCC2
> mod, 330p mod, and the default Winston CUp cars. It seemed to work fine.
> Back last spring he added an option to display player records within D3PP.
> I think this intercepted the players.rec file and kept the sim from
> updating records...not good if you use the nascarRank site. So I have that
> option turned off, I didn't check if the new version fixes that.
>
> The user's guide might have more information

http://www.paddedwall.org/d3pp/

The sound file handling has been the biggest pain in the ass for me to
deal with. The first go-'round on it was too automatic for people to
deal with, and they were always trying to head off the program by doing
things manually. That's why the sound handling is the way it is now
(and I'm still not really happy with it). I literally think about it
every day and have never been able to come up with a better way to do
it.

People also have a general lack of desire to read the documentation on
the web site. I can't really blame them, as reading the documentation
is the last thing I want to do as well. However, it's essential to know
how the program works so that you can prepare to take advantage of its
benefits. Once everything is correctly prpepared, using D3PP is fairly
automatic.

I wanted to make it so that D3PP relieved the user of having to worry
about stuff, but at the same time, I wanted to make sure that the sim
was always left in a state that would allow you to run it *without*
having to use D3PP to do it.

As far as the player records are concerned, nobody appears to care about
it much (nobody's complained about it or asked when I was going to
finish it).

If someone wants real-time help, I have teamspeak, so all we have to do
is arrange a time and a server to use, and I can talk them through the
rough spots.
Old October 20th 04, 01:51 PM
Plowboy2

Well,

I had the idea if you did everything the same as you did the 1st time ,
where the 300's sounds overwrote the original cup sounds. So I would say
you would have to look through the NR03 folders for a new folder containing
the 300 sounds, im sure you will find it. I havent played with the 3d PP, I
assumed it works similiar, but not sure. the TA Mod launcher I atleast know
lets you choose the sounds you want at startup of NR2003.
http://theuspits.com/sims/nascar_rac...odutil_v12.exe on
this page,
http://theuspits.com/sims/index.html...acing/pwf.html

Lund enlightened us with:

Old October 20th 04, 08:12 PM
Tiny Lund

Excellent tool John. I am beginning to figure it out. It looks as though
when I installed the 330 it overwrote the Nascar sound. I believe if someone
were to email me the Nascar original sound folder and it's contents I could
just add that into the directory structure and name it eg. Win_cup or sorry,
Next_cup :-) Then add it to the picker right? If anyone has the original
sound directory they could email to me I would be grateful. Otherwise I will
have to do an install on another drive to get it. Thanks all for the help.

Old October 20th 04, 08:26 PM
Mitch_A

I just looked at my sound directory but I dont have the original sounds
anymore. I think Im using Achim's sounds for TA. Its 44MB but Id be happy
to send it to ya. You dont need to install NR2003 on another drive just
rename the install dir during setup.

Mitch

Old October 20th 04, 08:33 PM
Tiny Lund

Thanks Mitch. That is a pretty good size file! LOL I thought the sound
folder was merely a few wavs. Suppose I will extract Nascar to another
directory. Another concern I had about doing that was whether or not the
Papy patch altered the sound directory. Suppose I might as well patch it
also.
om...

Old October 20th 04, 08:43 PM
Mitch_A

I dont really know what all I have in their but last time I had a fresh
install was quite some time ago so no telling

Do the install in another Dir then patch it, then copy it to your existing
Dir and you should be ready to setup D3PP. I cant help ya on D3PP as I dont
use it but Im sure John or Dave will help ya out from this point forward.

Mitch

Old October 20th 04, 09:25 PM
Tiny Lund

Thanks Mitch! Done already. 38.1MB patched. I did as you said and installed
to another directory then copy/paste and change the name. They all sound
right now. I may even fiddle some more with others sounds for IROC,GNS,CTS
ect... Johns nose picker works very well.