The 05 Mustang V8

Old May 16th 05, 08:35 PM
Maz

Default The 05 Mustang V8

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had stats or specific facts on the new V8 I
have heard some things about the motor being expectional but I wanted a
better opinion. Does anyone recommend any sites for this?

Old May 17th 05, 10:58 PM
BK24

"Maz" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had stats or specific facts on the new V8 I
> have heard some things about the motor being expectional but I wanted a
> better opinion. Does anyone recommend any sites for this?

Ford states 390 HP but that's a crock. It's geared screwy so after 4000 rpm
it flattens out.

Old May 18th 05, 12:43 AM
Scott

>> I was wondering if anyone had stats or specific facts on the new V8 I
>> have heard some things about the motor being expectional but I wanted a
>> better opinion. Does anyone recommend any sites for this?
>>

> Ford states 390 HP but that's a crock. It's geared screwy so after 4000
> rpm it flattens out.

390?? Where did that figure come from? Its rated at 300 gross horsepower
which in net is around 240 horses.

Old May 18th 05, 01:19 AM
BK24

I actually meant 300. Was thinking about the Terminator when I typed it. I
state the same, 300 is a crock as well.

Old May 18th 05, 01:20 AM
trainfan1

Scott wrote:

> 390?? Where did that figure come from? Its rated at 300 gross horsepower
> which in net is around 240 horses.

Uh, no it IS rated at SAE Net Horsepower, 300.... SAE Net Torque rated
at 320 lb-ft.

Compare to the conservative 290 hp of the Boss 302 back in the gross hp
days - I'd like to see the hp & torque curves overlayed on a graph...

Rob
Old May 18th 05, 03:13 AM
Big Al

"trainfan1" > wrote in message
news
> Scott wrote:
>

>> 390?? Where did that figure come from? Its rated at 300 gross horsepower
>> which in net is around 240 horses.

> Uh, no it IS rated at SAE Net Horsepower, 300.... SAE Net Torque rated at
> 320 lb-ft.
>
> Compare to the conservative 290 hp of the Boss 302 back in the gross hp
> days - I'd like to see the hp & torque curves overlayed on a graph...
>
> Rob

Had the rare opportunity to race a Boss 302 with my 89 5.0, 5 speed LX. Both
completely stock. My 89 had no problem with it. We went at it from a roll a
number of times. The 89 is rated at 225 HP, but my completely stock 215 HP
87 could run away from it. And every knows the speed density 87's were
junk

Al

Old May 18th 05, 03:24 AM
trainfan1

Big Al wrote:

> Had the rare opportunity to race a Boss 302 with my 89 5.0, 5 speed LX. Both
> completely stock. My 89 had no problem with it. We went at it from a roll a
> number of times. The 89 is rated at 225 HP, but my completely stock 215 HP
> 87 could run away from it. And every knows the speed density 87's were
> junk
>
> Al

The operating envelope for the Boss 302 is too high for anything but a
track. It's never been a good street car.

Rob
Old May 20th 05, 01:55 AM
Hank

BK24 wrote:

> Ford states 390 HP but that's a crock. It's geared
> screwy so after 4000 rpm it flattens out.

It's 300hp, it's not a crock, and "geared screwy"
is meaningless nonsense.

-

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."
-- George W. Bush

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the
will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the
Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-- Adolf Hitler

"The tsunami was a wonderful opportunity to show not just the
US government, but the heart of the American people, and I think
it has paid great dividends for us." Condoleezza Rice

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://thirdworldtraveler.com/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
..
Old May 24th 05, 03:03 AM
Braxus

> Uh, no it IS rated at SAE Net Horsepower, 300.... SAE Net Torque rated at
> 320 lb-ft.
>
> Compare to the conservative 290 hp of the Boss 302 back in the gross hp
> days - I'd like to see the hp & torque curves overlayed on a graph...

Are you sure? I read a magazine dyno test recently and it stated the horses
were around 240 which equates to 300 gross power. The V6 could only muster
175 horses under the same dyno. Both numbers are no where near stated horses
if they are indeed net and not gross rated numbers.

Old May 25th 05, 07:56 PM
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Are the hp numbers you are referring to rear wheel hp numbers? The 300 hp
that ford says is not rear wheel hp.