1990 V8 Sound system

Old November 5th 04, 04:39 PM
S William Mote

Default 1990 V8 Sound system

I have a 1990 V8 with the Audi Bose sound system. The radio is now producing
a high pitched squeal on all stations or when playing a tape (not associated
with engine speed) and the AM section has ceased to work entirely.
Does anyone know of a replacement radio that will work with the Bose speaker
system or someone who I can send the radio to for repair?

Thanks
Bill

Old November 5th 04, 05:25 PM
R@L

"S William Mote" > wrote in message
news
>I have a 1990 V8 with the Audi Bose sound system. The radio is now
>producing
> a high pitched squeal on all stations or when playing a tape (not
> associated
> with engine speed) and the AM section has ceased to work entirely.
> Does anyone know of a replacement radio that will work with the Bose
> speaker
> system or someone who I can send the radio to for repair?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Any VAG Audi dealer?

Ronald

Old November 5th 04, 08:43 PM
Kent McLean

S William Mote wrote:
> I have a 1990 V8 with the Audi Bose sound system. The radio is now producing
> a high pitched squeal on all stations or when playing a tape (not associated
> with engine speed) and the AM section has ceased to work entirely.

The capacitors in the built-into-the-speaker amps
are dying. I believe this was subject to a recent
recall. Check with your friendly Audi dealer.

Kent
'94 100 S Avant
'89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy"
Old November 6th 04, 05:24 PM
John

I believe that there is a unit that can be purchased to make
aftermarket stereos work with the Bose speakers, I think it is called
Audilink, I've seen them on Ebay before. When I bought my V8 the
previous owner had bypassed the speaker mounted amplifiers directly at
the speaker and disabled the amplifiers to install the aftermarket
stereo, I have heard that the Bose speakers operate at 2 ohms instead
of what a normal stereo operates at, I did notice a signifigant
difference when I re-installed the factory stereo, it sounded much
better.And where have you ever seen a friendly or helpful Audi dealer,
LOL Good Luck
John
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:43:54 GMT, Kent McLean
> wrote:

>S William Mote wrote:
>> I have a 1990 V8 with the Audi Bose sound system. The radio is now producing
>> a high pitched squeal on all stations or when playing a tape (not associated
>> with engine speed) and the AM section has ceased to work entirely.

>The capacitors in the built-into-the-speaker amps
>are dying. I believe this was subject to a recent
>recall. Check with your friendly Audi dealer.
>
>Kent
>'94 100 S Avant
>'89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy"

Car entertainment system. Antonio MichaelDe Palma Alfa Romeo 6 December 27th 04 10:54 AM
Strange sound KoStAhR Alfa Romeo 0 August 31st 04 11:07 PM
Audi A4 Alarm System Henri Winterman Audi 9 August 7th 04 07:40 PM
'00 A6 Alarm System odd behavior Glenn Spence Audi 5 August 3rd 04 06:44 PM
Central locking system randomly locks and unlocks doors - 1999 A4 Audi 1970 Suzuki TS250 Audi 1 July 31st 04 07:20 AM