Stuck CD

Old April 15th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jarrod Smith

Default Stuck CD

I realize there is a newsgroup for Ford trucks, but there are hardly ever
any posts there. My father in law has a 2006 F150 he recently bought used.
He just noticed the other week that there is a CD stuck in the stereo. I
tried popping it out using another CD, but didn't have any luck. Any
suggestions on how to get it out? I thought it might be possible to access
it easier by removing the unit from the dash. Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

Jarrod

Old April 15th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_3_]

This has been discussed in this group some time ago and I don't recall
the answers. You might try Googling news groups to find whatever is
out there. I do remember that one of the problems is the stick-on
labels some use on home-burned CD's. These ten to come loose and make
the CD stick.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:50:21 GMT, "Jarrod Smith"

Old April 15th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bill Jeffrey

Big Shoe wrote:
> This has been discussed in this group some time ago and I don't recall
> the answers. You might try Googling news groups to find whatever is
> out there. I do remember that one of the problems is the stick-on
> labels some use on home-burned CD's. These ten to come loose and make
> the CD stick.

Yes, on several occasions I have provided an answer that has worked for
me. Call me a dumbass, but I've had several occasions to test it.

Get a pair of business cards, or cut a 3x5 index card in half. Hit the
eject button, and wait until the mechanism has cycled and indicated
failure. Push open the little door that covers the CD slot. You can now
see the edge of the stuck CD. CAREFULLY work one of the cards in above
the edge of the disk, at the left-to-right center of the slot. Don't
force anything - with some gentle persuasion and some wiggling, it
should slide in smoothly. At some point the disc may suddenly pop out
into your hand - if it doesn't, slip the other card under the edge of
the disc.

And Big Shoe is right - homemade labels lift and wrinkle, causing discs
to become jammed. Use a Sharpie to label the CD instead.

Bill
Old April 16th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Tom from WI

I had this problem on my wife's Mercury Mountaineer. The dealer said it was
covered by the warranty AS LONG AS the CD was a regular CD, not one with a
label pasted on it that you would make yourself on your PC or (in our
library's case) one that they paste a protective label on it. The dealer
said they would remove the CD player and send it off for repair. If the CD
was a regular CD, then there would be no charge.

I poked around with slips of thin cardboard and thin plastic and couldn't
get it out. Then one day I hit the eject button and it popped right out.
Tom

99 WJ stuck in 4wd Kevin in Iowa Jeep 1 January 25th 07 11:44 PM
4wd stuck Dan Jeep 5 April 20th 06 08:10 PM
Stuck accelerator? X-3 RichieP BMW 8 January 18th 06 02:37 PM
164 TS stuck in 1st gear Barny Alfa Romeo 2 August 26th 05 01:33 PM