New Jersey Legislator Wants to Ban Smoking in Your Car

Old July 11th 05, 12:38 AM
Magyar

"Comrade Yamamoto" > wrote in message
> Maybe this guy should try to concentrate on more pressing problems in
> NJ....

I agree. Start with a proper memorial to Jimmy Hoffa instead of that 80,000
seat montrosity in the swamps of North Jersey.

--
Sandor Gulyas
Graduate Student - Louisiana St. University

"Many people talking
But a mighty few people know"
-- Alick "Rice" Miller (aka Sunny Boy Williamson [II]) from Dissatisfied

Old July 11th 05, 02:37 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Dave wrote:
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>
> > You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

> My first choice was troll, but you seem to have taken that covered.
>
> Dave

Being a troll is an honorable life. But criminal coddlers are lower
than $3 whores.

Old July 11th 05, 03:08 AM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On 10 Jul 2005 18:37:22 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> was understood to have stated the following:

>Being a troll is an honorable life. But criminal coddlers are lower
>than $3 whores.

Sheesh, a troll is lower than a 2-bit whore; can't you get *anything*
right, moron?

Old July 11th 05, 04:09 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...
william lynch wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:58:43 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>I'm all for this. Driving with a burning stick in your hand endangers
> >>everyone else on the highways.

> > Not to mention all the litter caused by smokers throwing their butts
> > out the window of their car, or emptying their ashtrays onto the
> > ground next to their parking space...

> Or the forest fires caused by moron smokers throwing the lit
> cigarettes out the window.

By that logic, let's ban V-8 engines, since all they do is waste gas,
encourage speeding, yadda, yadda, yadda....

That or we could simply enforce the existing anti-littering laws
present in almost every state. Just like every Corvette driver isn't
automatically a criminal, neither is every smoker.

Dave

Agreed. There are already laws for all the issues of smoking while driving.
Too many liberals out there trying to over-regulate everything and make laws
to micro-manage our lives. It's sick and disgusting, not to mention
un-American. That's never stopped the liberals from doing anything though...

Personally I'll have a cigarette every now and again when I go out with my
buddies. I smoke a handful of cigarettes a month at most. A pack can last me
for months. In any case, I don't smoke in my own car as I don't want to ruin
the headliner and get the thing smelling all nasty. When I smoke in a
friend's car who smokes in the car I will always put the butt in the ash
tray. I don't litter and I hate those who do. Just put the waste in a
container in your car and throw it out wehn convenient. That's what I do in
my car. I always have a plastic bag or two from Wawa on the back seat floor
which I throw trash in. When a bag fills up I tie it off and throw it in the
garbage can when I get home. Smoking is no different, except most cars come
equipped with a place to store cigarette butts for later disposal.

Old July 11th 05, 04:37 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:40:50 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>>>You should take up criminal coddling as a career.

>> Name someone who gets paid a living wage to coddle criminals.

>Alberto Gonzalez coddles criminals every day.

How so?

Old July 11th 05, 04:38 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:04:34 -0400, "David W. Poole, Jr."
> wrote:

>On 10 Jul 2005 18:18:21 GMT, Jim Yanik .> was
>understood to have stated the following:
>
>>Except that the vast majority of smokers litter.

>Got proof?
>
>>(there's FAR too many cig butts around for it to be a small minority)

>Very few of the smokers I know litter.

EVERY smoker I know, and quite a few that I don't know but have had
the opportunity to observe, litters.

Old July 11th 05, 04:47 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:46:48 -0600, Comrade Yamamoto
> wrote:

>Good deal. More regulations, that cost money to enforce. YOUR money, at
>that. Personally, I don't want to pay the government to hold my hand(as if
>I had a choice).

Unfortunately, you smokers are unable to police yourselves, so Uncle
Sam has to step in and do it for you.

You really have nobody to blame but yourselves. Same thing with people
who talk on their cellphones while driving; you brought all these
cellphone bans that we're seeing these days on yourselves by being
irresponsible.

Old July 11th 05, 06:19 AM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:38:54 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> was understood to have stated the
following:

>>>(there's FAR too many cig butts around for it to be a small minority)

>>Very few of the smokers I know litter.

>EVERY smoker I know, and quite a few that I don't know but have had
>the opportunity to observe, litters.

You must be hanging around with the wrong crowd. :-D

Actually, the last person I saw through a cigarette down on the ground
is an ex-cop who works security for my employer.

The person I've seen throw the most cigarettes on the ground in the
shortest period of time was the highway patrolman who took me for my
last breathalyzer. Chain smoker would light one with the last, and out
the window it went. He dumped two or three in the police station
parking lot while we were discussing what we were going to do with me
since I only blew a .02, and he initially pulled me over for a 54 in a
45 zone, which ironically enough switched to 55mph about 200 feet from
where he clocked me.

--

The last song I started on my PC was: Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (The Bottom) - Further Down The Spiral (Halo Ten)
K:\Audio\Nine Inch Nails\Further Down The Spiral (Halo Ten)\04-The Downward Spiral (The Bottom).mp3
Old July 11th 05, 07:18 AM
Dave

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:46:48 -0600, Comrade Yamamoto
> > wrote:
>
> >Good deal. More regulations, that cost money to enforce. YOUR money, at
> >that. Personally, I don't want to pay the government to hold my hand(as =

if
> >I had a choice).

> Unfortunately, you smokers are unable to police yourselves, so Uncle
> Sam has to step in and do it for you.

So does this mean that because of all those "speed-related deaths" that
you're a proponent of speed limits also now?

Dave

Old July 11th 05, 05:00 PM
Jim Yanik

"David W. Poole, Jr." > wrote in
:

> On 10 Jul 2005 18:18:21 GMT, Jim Yanik .> was
> understood to have stated the following:
>
>>Except that the vast majority of smokers litter.

> Got proof?
>
>>(there's FAR too many cig butts around for it to be a small minority)

Did you not read the above?

> Very few of the smokers I know litter.

But you don't KNOW anywhere close to a majority of smokers.
Not even one percent of them.

>>It's a reflex with smokers to flick away or drop the cig butt when
>>finished.

> Just like it's a reflex for everyone who eats from a fast food
> restaurant to throw their packaging out the car window.

Smokers will even smoke where there are no ashtrays or butt
receptacles,where there are signs that smoking is prohibited,and the
MAJORITY toss their butts,as evidenced by the tremendous number of butts
that are found everywhere,far too many to be from a few "bad" smokers,and
by many people's observation of them doing it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik