2 Problems or Questions with FIA GTR

Old February 5th 05, 06:48 PM
Timmy Ferrell

Default 2 Problems or Questions with FIA GTR

Anyone else have either of these 2 issues?

1.) Shifting problem- When I up or down shift, it will occasionally skip a
gear. For example, when approaching a turn I will ds from 4th to 3rd but it
will instead go into 2nd. It will also skip during an upshift. I have all of
the driver aids turned off except auto clutch. I am using a MS Sidewinder FF
and originally thought my switches were wearing out but the problem
continued after I remapped the controls from using the flippers to using 2
of the front buttons. The wheel is several years old but I don't think the
wheel is the problem- GTR is the only sim where I have this problem. I
checked the "hold shift button" ( or whatever it is labeled) in the options
menu thinking that might have something to do with it but still no luck.

2.) Significant Frame stutter at Spa on the front stretch. I know this is a
graphics issue but I have a P4 2.6 Gig with a 256 MB video card, so I should
be able to turn the detail fairly high without a significant loss.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Timmy

Old February 5th 05, 07:11 PM
Michael Ziegler

Timmy Ferrell schrieb:
> Anyone else have either of these 2 issues?
>
> 1.) Shifting problem- When I up or down shift, it will occasionally skip a
> gear. For example, when approaching a turn I will ds from 4th to 3rd but it
> will instead go into 2nd. It will also skip during an upshift. I have all of
> the driver aids turned off except auto clutch. I am using a MS Sidewinder FF
> and originally thought my switches were wearing out but the problem
> continued after I remapped the controls from using the flippers to using 2
> of the front buttons. The wheel is several years old but I don't think the
> wheel is the problem- GTR is the only sim where I have this problem. I
> checked the "hold shift button" ( or whatever it is labeled) in the options
> menu thinking that might have something to do with it but still no luck.
>
> 2.) Significant Frame stutter at Spa on the front stretch. I know this is a
> graphics issue but I have a P4 2.6 Gig with a 256 MB video card, so I should
> be able to turn the detail fairly high without a significant loss.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks, Timmy

Hi

sometimes I have the same shifting problem with my new TM Enzo FF wheel.

Michael
Old February 5th 05, 07:20 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:11:04 +0100, Michael Ziegler wrote:
> Timmy Ferrell schrieb:
>> Anyone else have either of these 2 issues?
>>
>> 1.) Shifting problem- When I up or down shift, it will occasionally skip a
>> gear. For example, when approaching a turn I will ds from 4th to 3rd but it
>> will instead go into 2nd. It will also skip during an upshift. I have all of

Same here, with a TSW2, usually on downshifts, less often on upshifts
and also quite nasty when you're trying to slow the car down for
chicane #1 at Monza.

First I thought that my button cables on the TSW2 had gone bad again
(Thomas replaced them free of charge once before), but it only happens
in GTR so I guess it's not the cables this time.

Cheers,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old February 5th 05, 07:45 PM

On the shifting issue, the switches in your wheel may just be dirty -
same thing happened with my old Act-Labs wheel until I cleaned it
(sprayed a little contact cleaner).
On the Spa stuttering - there are lots of slow 256MB cards out there
- try reducing your visible vehicles. Do you notcie it more in
practice where alot of cars are in the pits? What video card are you
using?

HTH,
Kendt

Old February 5th 05, 10:02 PM
Tiny Lund

"Shifting problem- When I up or down shift, it will occasionally skip a
> gear."

Same trouble here with Momo Force! I re-mapped from paddle shifters to top
red wheel buttons and still (less-often) it happens. Can't say I am glad
others are having the same problem, but comforted in knowing it might be a
software issue. I did notice it more however, with the right paddle or
button (upshift). Thought my wheel had a stroke and the right side was
partially paralyzed. Paddles work fine with NR 2003, NSR, RBR, GPL & F1C.

Old February 5th 05, 10:10 PM
Tiny Lund

" Significant Frame stutter at Spa on the front stretch. I know this is a
graphics issue but I have a P4 2.6 Gig with a 256 MB video card, so I should
be able to turn the detail fairly high without a significant loss"

Loosely Google translated from GTR support page. I get a kick out of these:

Question?:
How increase do I mean FPS (Frames by Second) in the play?

Answer:
There are several possibilities. Here are some:
Selecting a lower dissolution.
Making AA and AF out or places it down.
Selecting a lower number of the watching cars on the screen.
Reducing the opponent details under the point of menu "options".
Checkmark raus with highly soluble cars.
Checkmark raus with highly soluble wheels.
Switching the mirrors out.
Reducing the FF attitudes from low to high.

..

Old February 5th 05, 11:27 PM
Timmy Ferrell

Sounds like a software issue. At least I'm not alone in the wilderness..
I was fully expecting to buy the US version also, so hopefully it will be
resolved by then...
Thanks for the help all, thats why I read this stuff everyday,
Timmy

Old February 6th 05, 02:11 AM
BRH

Tiny Lund wrote:
> "Shifting problem- When I up or down shift, it will occasionally skip a
>
>>gear."

> Same trouble here with Momo Force! I re-mapped from paddle shifters to top
> red wheel buttons and still (less-often) it happens. Can't say I am glad
> others are having the same problem, but comforted in knowing it might be a
> software issue. I did notice it more however, with the right paddle or
> button (upshift). Thought my wheel had a stroke and the right side was
> partially paralyzed. Paddles work fine with NR 2003, NSR, RBR, GPL & F1C.
>

> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
>
>>Anyone else have either of these 2 issues?
>>
>>1.) Shifting problem- When I up or down shift, it will occasionally skip a
>>gear. For example, when approaching a turn I will ds from 4th to 3rd but
>>it will instead go into 2nd. It will also skip during an upshift. I have
>>all of the driver aids turned off except auto clutch. I am using a MS
>>Sidewinder FF and originally thought my switches were wearing out but the
>>problem continued after I remapped the controls from using the flippers to
>>using 2 of the front buttons. The wheel is several years old but I don't
>>think the wheel is the problem- GTR is the only sim where I have this
>>problem. I checked the "hold shift button" ( or whatever it is labeled) in
>>the options menu thinking that might have something to do with it but
>>still no luck.
>>
>>2.) Significant Frame stutter at Spa on the front stretch. I know this is
>>a graphics issue but I have a P4 2.6 Gig with a 256 MB video card, so I
>>should be able to turn the detail fairly high without a significant loss.
>>
>>Any ideas??
>>
>>Thanks, Timmy

FWIW -- Using a MOMO Force here and having no problems at all with
shifting in GTR <knock wood>